Feeling blah

qbeezy85
on 10/14/11 4:03 am
I am three weeks out and I am not sure what is going on but every protein shake i have tried whether it is power or ready made makes me sick to my stomach. I don't throw up, really uncomfortable feeling. After i feel sick I am unable to eat anything. The only thing i can tolerate is water. Has anyone else experienced this or can provide some kind of advice.
precious_diamond38
on 10/14/11 4:09 am - VA
I am 9 days out and cannot stand these protein shakes either.. Because i hate to waste money.. i put in blender add some non fat yogurt to take away of some of the sweetness and i add some vanilla sugar free syrup and a lil bit of sugar free kool aid and its do able... i plan on ordering some nectar samples today was told they are more like a juice ... good luck

cattywompos
on 10/14/11 4:36 am
Are you mixing it with milk?  Sometimes milk can sit heavy in our tiny tummies. You might want to try something different like nectar.  Protein hot chocolate was a favorite of mine early out too. 
 HW-304 / SW- 286 / CW-198.25 / GW-170

Crystal M.
on 10/14/11 4:51 am - El Paso, TX
Have you tried only whey proteins? Or have you tried whey isolate or soy protein (lactose-free)? I'm wondering if you might have some lactose intolerance.
It's better to be hated for who you are than loved for who you're not.                

SkinnyJeansSoon
on 10/14/11 4:53 am
Try the Grape Isopure 20oz drink from GNC stores. It is clear liquid and not milky or thick like a shake or ready made shake. I cut mine with ice water and it tastes like a grape propel. Also, I found out that chewing gum while drinking it will take away any of the whey protein taste (there is just a tiny tiny bit of after taste in them but the gum fixes it and I can drink them no problem). Oh and each 20oz is 40 grams protein and 0 carbs. It is the best I have found so far.

(VSG - 10/20/2011)
HT: 5'9

qbeezy85
on 10/14/11 9:51 am
Thanks everyone. I am lactose and tried to stay away from the milk based shakes. I had a sensitive stomach before surgery . Some one suggested something about an egg protein shake from the Vitamin Shoppe so i am going to try that. Hopes this works because i am tired of feeling miserable.
Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 49 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 49 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 215 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 298 views