Really weird NSV

BriarRose
on 10/15/11 11:55 am
I was cleaning out my closet again.  The 18 capris that I was so proud of at summer's start are now too big, and even after hot washing, and hot dryers are falling off my rear end....and I found something. 

I found the one pr of size 26 jeans that I kept. 

I put them on.  I was stunned.         How did I not know how big I really was ?    I am a 50 plus year old woman.  I am not stupid. But I don't think I really SAW myself.  Those jeans are.....huge.

I took off the old jeans.  I slipped off my shorts.  I put the jeans back on.  I stood in front of the full length mirror.  I grabbed handfuls of material.  I climed out of the jeans, and sat down on the bed, and stuck both of my legs into one of the jeans legs.  It was a tight fit, but I managed to stand up.  Both legs in one of my old jeans. 

It was a good day to do this.  I'm almost 9 months out, and my weight loss is very very slow right now, and my hunger has returned -- I'm hungry alot these days.  And I lose a pound, gain it back, gain another, hang on to it for a week, lose a pound, lose another pound, gain one pound lose a pound, gain one, gain another.....so in two weeks I manage to lose maybe 2 pounds ! Which is ok with me,  I'm not involved in any race here, just a frustrating pattern for the time being !  

So for those newbies....remember to keep a pair of pants.... it's good to remember from where we came. 
Briar Rose  
High Wt 300 lbs.  Pre-op Wt loss 34 lbs.   
sunnymicki
on 10/15/11 12:12 pm
I think that is an awesome NSV!  And your post is very timely for me, as my size 24 jeans are currently sitting in pile next to my trash can...guess I'll grab a pair to tuck back in the closet so one day I can squeeze both legs into half of them!

5'9" All weight lost post-op. Goal weight determined by body composition testing.

Krazydoglady
on 10/15/11 12:13 pm - FL
 You've done great! Im right there with you. I'm seeing a slow-down now in my 9th month, but I"m not going to sweat it too much. I'm sitting here in my size 10 jeans and size 8p top.  I got talked into size 'small' shirts instead of medium tonight.  They fit perfectly, but I"m not used to wearing clothes so close to the body.  I always worried about fat rolls, but they aren't there any more.

My husband wants me to take a picture in my bikini and my size 30 jeans that I saved, lol.  I'll do it when I get to goal. I'm 44 and I"m now showing a good bit of sharpei skin.  It should be an uber-attractive photo.

Carolyn  (32 lbs lost Pre-op) HW: 291, SW: 259, GW: 129.5, CW: 126.4 

myroomisblue
on 10/15/11 12:26 pm - Columbus, OH
Sorry if it's redundant, but what is NSV?
RhondaRoo
on 10/15/11 9:41 pm - OH
Non surgical victory: oh, and Rosie is my Hero!
RhondaRoo 256/235.5/131.8/120.0
Never, Never, Never Give Up  --Winston Churchill

BriarRose
on 10/15/11 1:47 pm
NSV = Non Scale Victory ~~~
Briar Rose  
Susan M.
on 10/15/11 10:26 pm
LOVE it! I also cleaned out my closet yesterday (for the second round). Got rid of three more trash bags full of clothes. 

I am down to two pair of size 16 jeans and a size 18 that fit if I wear a very tight belt. Two pair of size XL sweats that I have to tie to keep up.   I have maybe four tops that fit.  I have no dresses, blazers/jackets, even had to get rid of pajamas! I got rid of ALL of my underwear and bought new BIKINI underwear! No granny panties anymore!!

As soon as this drain is gone from TT, I am hitting the malls baby!!! 

BriarRose
on 10/16/11 1:36 am
WOW !!!  I took a pr of pajamas in a 22 camping with me  couple weeks back, and they fell off in the middle of the night (and I swear I was sleeping alone !) 

I am jealous of your TT though !  Finances are such that plastics are out of the question....but I can't wait to hear all about yours !!! 

Yeah you !!!!
Briar Rose  
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 82 views