My husband's expectations on my weight loss

(deactivated member)
on 10/17/11 3:10 am
Bingo! On both the assessment of the guy & the advice!

To the OP: sorry you are dealing with this.. just another bit of advice.. besides giving him some educational materials to read.. maybe ask him to lurk on the VSG board. My husband not only started digging in reading when I started seriously looking into WLS, he found the OH site, and found the info on the VSG that I hadn't read about yet. He's got an OH account, and posts on occasion.. he is involved, and understands the process better than most.. it is possible for your husband to be the support you need, but he needs some serious education first~! Good luck, but please get some of these unrealistic expectations out of his head before he demotivates you with them! 

jstang003
on 10/17/11 3:02 am - GA

wls is something you have obvioulsy done research on, looked into talked with professionals and obvisouly on the internet its probably been pretty high on your list, but that doesnt mean he will get it. How would he know how it works maybe he thought it worked like lipo suction or something. WHO knows how men think about things sometimes. They also dont really have nuch concept about size either. So dont be to upset. and try again what else can you do!! Has he seen the surgen with you when i went for my first surgical visit my husband wanted to go and it helped him understand.

karenbarb
on 10/17/11 3:50 am - Roselle, NJ
Revision on 01/18/12
YOU KNOW WHATS FUNNY ???? my hubby did not want me to have the band surg...either.....but, i did it for me, now he is like WOW!!!!!!! DO THIS FOR U......EVEN KNOW U GUYS ARE MARRIED, THIS CHOICE IS FOR YOUR QUALITY OF LIFE,,,,ONCE HE STARTS SEEING THE CHANGES HE WILL NOT BE ABLE TO KEEP HIS HANDS OFF U !!!! BEST WISHES FOR THURSDAY HON !!!!!!!!!

IT IS A NEVERENDING BATTLE, THAT I WILL NOT LOSE

wert
on 10/17/11 4:06 am - MN
Your poor husband. Here he is, holding the 2011 award for World's Most Handsome Man and he's not married to Faith Hill. Wow. How in the world can he stand his life? You ought to go out and get yourself someone better and then he'll be freed up to go after Faith.

5'5"  Age 63  HW 212  SW 200 Currently 8 pounds below goal
Jacque 

(deactivated member)
on 10/17/11 4:13 am
*hands Wert the award for funniest snark o' the day*
wert
on 10/17/11 4:36 am - MN
Thank you.....thank you very much. 

5'5"  Age 63  HW 212  SW 200 Currently 8 pounds below goal
Jacque 

SkinnyJeansSoon
on 10/17/11 4:25 am
Thanks everyone for helping me get thru this. I think I will try and sit down with him tonight and communicate/educate him on the timeline and realistic expectations from the surgery. I really do need his support through the whole process but know he won't attend any seminars etc. I don't think he will be there when I am in surgery due to his work schedule; so he won't hear the consult before hand either.

I do sense some jealousy on his part about losing weight. He has made a comment about me leaving him; so I know there are some concerns there on his part which might be where these comments are coming from.

He is the type of guy that hasn't ever had weight issues and stays pretty fit due to his job; so he can't relate with my struggles. I am hoping he will come to recognize the level of effort and discipline I am giving to change my lifestyle,

Boys - you can't live with them and you can't live without them..haha!!

(VSG - 10/20/2011)
HT: 5'9

(deactivated member)
on 10/17/11 4:55 am
I just wanted to give you support, and hopefully your hubby can get that foot out of his mouth soon and make this right.  My hubby has been supportive, except for the "you're taking the easy way out" comments every now and then. I know that's how he really feels, but I don't care. I'm not doing this for him. I'm doing it for ME. So if I lose 10 pounds in 3 months or 60, it's UP TO ME, and it's FOR ME. Keep your chin up and remember who you are doing this for.
apple55
on 10/17/11 7:33 am
Stay focused on you, and doing well for your surgery, just know that you will too be hot, and he will regret the day he acted like a jack.......Love and peace and best wishes to you sweetie.
VickyBT
on 10/17/11 8:06 am - MI
You should of said...."yah, I will be a size 0 as soon as you look as ripped as Tim McGraw!"
"Knowing is not enough; we must apply.
 Willing is not enough; we must do.? ~Johann von Goethe

VSG Aug. 30, 2011 HW 266 SW 249 GW 166 lbs.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 161 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 433 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 456 views