My husband's expectations on my weight loss

CyndyR.
on 10/17/11 8:32 am
How do you eat an elephant?            One bite at a time.      You will do it one pound at time   

waitingtoexhale2
on 10/17/11 11:17 am
SMH.....

All I can say is much love to yah.   Keep your head up and "do you".

Waitingtoexhale2

The race is not given to the swift or the strong, but to the one that endures to the end.

HW 357
Pre-Op Weight 343
Weight several hours after surgery 339

doggz109
on 10/17/11 4:18 pm - CA
VSG on 01/12/12
I think your husband got the short end of the stick in a number of different places (manners, common decency, intelligence).....sorry. 

Just remember you are doing it for YOU...no one else and its only your expectations for yourself that matter.
DarleneR
on 10/17/11 2:51 am
 I'm really sorry this happened.  My heart goes out to you because I'm dealing with a similar but different situation.  I met my ex-boyfriend a few weeks before I had surgery and I was very upfront with him about it.  I knew he liked bigger girls and I asked him if he would be ok with me losing weight before I proceeded with starting a relationship with him.  He assured me that he was and we talked about it several times thru out the year since my surgery.  Every time I mentioned it he assured me that I was worried for nothing because he loved me unconditionally even if I lost weight.  Well...2 months ago he admitted to me that he was no longer attracted to me at the size I am now and we have broken up.  He told me that I didn't feel the same to him when he holds me and he missed my "little round face."  He said he feels bad about it because he told me that he could handle it but that it just wasn't what he wanted (meaning a smaller girl).  I am heart broken over this because I really don't understand shallowness to this level.  

Hang in there.  Hopefully your husband will stop being a jerk and be more supportive of you.

HW/SW/GW/CW
296/277/180/185.6
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 161 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 433 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 456 views