question for the girls

mandyc1975
on 10/21/11 6:07 am - Richardson, TX
VSG on 09/20/11 with
It's that TOM and I am bloated and feel pretty miserable because Tylenol sucks and that's all I am allowed to take. Anyway, I don't seem to be able to eat or drink much since I started. I get full about twice as fast as I did a couple of days ago. I am on pepcid and have been taking gas x but it hasn't really helped. Could this be because of the TOM?
Do not ask God to guide your footsteps if you're not willing to move your feet.

9/4 (pro op) 299 lbs - 9/20 (surgery day) 285 lbs - 10/4 268 lbs - 11/7 251 lbs- 12/8 239 lbs - 1/9 222 lbs - 2/7 214 lbs - 3/3 202 lbs - 3/19 194 lbs ... 9/20/2012 - 142 lbs
Nicole S.
on 10/21/11 6:08 am - Vallejo, CA
It is my TOM and I too am feeling rather bloated as well.  I would go with it is the TOM  issue and gas x wont help that.   Lucky me come time for my surgiversary I also get my TOM.  WOOHOO NOT !!
~Nicole  
Height 5'1 HW- 320 SW-265 CW- 172.2 GW 140                                

mandyc1975
on 10/21/11 6:31 am - Richardson, TX
VSG on 09/20/11 with
atlast1976
on 10/21/11 6:34 am
That is interesting that you say that.  This was a question I had posted a little while ago because I had the lapband and experienced this.  When I had PMS, i could not eat anything at all, and sometimes couldnt drink.  Then once my period arrived, the restriction would lessen.  So strange!  I actually didnt get much response on this board from anyone with similar issues.  I wonder if its swelling that occurs during that time or hormones?? No idea. I was hoping no one experienced this with the sleeve, as I am trying to get approval for revision right now.  But I would imagine that since you are mentioning it, I will suffer from it at well.  That stinks!! I hope it gets better for you.  At least you can eat and drink something! The lap band was brutal!
MN_Mama
on 10/21/11 9:15 am
I find I can eat more or less than the day before without being able to find a reason why, but there are a few trends. 
Certainly my hunger goes up right before TOM, and my desire to eat drops once it begins.  I also find I get the runs during the first couple of days as well.  What fun...... Whoever wrote the song "I Enjoy Being a Girl" was a MAN!!!  

If I have a cold or allergies, they can really mess my tummy up.  Remember that thing about not drinking before or after a meal?  Tell that to your nose when it's running.  I caught a pretty bad cold for a couple of days and couldn't keep solids down, it was like drinking right after a meal every time I tried, yuck!  

My NUT told me to hit the liquid and soft foods again until it clears up, yogurt, soups, and lots of no carb/calorie drinks.   She said the most important thing during an illness for us now is to keep hydrated. 

As to the bloating and achiness, it may not sound good at the start, but I find a long walk, not fast or uphill both ways, just a nice long relaxing stretch of your muscles, followed by a steam sauna or hot soak in a tub can really help with the aches and cramping.  

Hope this helps. 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 66 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 250 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 318 views