Waving a fond farewell to my formerly favorite foods...

vacationlover
on 10/24/11 4:55 am
I'd like to take a moment of silence for Caribou Mint Condition latte and lemon poppyseed bread.

LOL! :)

They were my FAVORITE preop treat.  A few weeks ago I had decided that on my b-day (today, YAY!!!), I would have a small mint condition and a slice of the lemon poppyseed bread for my morning snack.  Up until this point, I've followed my post-op diet fairly closely, so I having this treat was a big deal to me :)

Anyways, I had the bread and eh, it was ok.  Never need to eat it again, and didn't even fini****  It made me feel a little icky, like all bread seems to do to me now.  And the latte- UGH!  It was WAY too sweet!!!  I took a couple of sips, a couple of sips more, and decided that it wasn't worth it.  Too sweet and it made me feel kind of icky too.  I ended up having maybe an ounce of it, then had them dump it out and give me regular coffee. 

Overall, I'm happy with the situation...  I will no longer crave these foods.  I will probably never eat them again, and I don't care :)  Which is probably a good thing, since if I had consumed both of them in their entirity, it would have been over 800 calories and 75 grams of fat!

My healthy lunch of shrimp, scallops, and pomegranate was much better than the morning snack :) !!

CW: 130ish HW: 264 SW:254 Hgt: 5'2

Goals-Dr:159-MET Mine:140-MET!!! Final Goal: 135-MET!!!!!

W4:-22 W8:-11 W12:-10.5 W16:-12 W20:-11.5 W24:-9.5 W28:-8 W32:-7.5 W36:-8 W40:-7.5 W44:-5 W48: -4.5 1Yr/W52: -7

tripmom02
on 10/24/11 5:05 am - NJ
 Isn't it amazing how our tastes change? It's probably a good thing that you had your little nibble b/c now you know you don't NEED them or WANT them, and you can put them right out of your head! 

You are doing great!

Courtney - Lap band to VSG revision

vacationlover
on 10/24/11 5:07 am
Thanks!

CW: 130ish HW: 264 SW:254 Hgt: 5'2

Goals-Dr:159-MET Mine:140-MET!!! Final Goal: 135-MET!!!!!

W4:-22 W8:-11 W12:-10.5 W16:-12 W20:-11.5 W24:-9.5 W28:-8 W32:-7.5 W36:-8 W40:-7.5 W44:-5 W48: -4.5 1Yr/W52: -7

(deactivated member)
on 10/24/11 6:04 am
The part that blows me away is that I can have a bite of whatever I want and not crave more.  Half the time, I like you, find it isn't really worth it.  I don't know if I would have believed that this was even possible.  Congratulations on learning you have changed and don't need or even really want most of that stuff. 
MNgrl2TX
on 10/24/11 6:54 am
VSG on 09/19/11 with
 Congrats and Happy Birthday!!!  What a great way to celebrate....learning that you really no longer like something you use to love!!  I can totally understand the Mind Condition!~  Yummy!  Haven't had one of those in years...no caribou here in TX.  

My thing is fried foods.  I took a very small french fry off my husbands plate the other night and could feel the grease that coated my mouth from it!  Was so gross!  I don't ever remember feeling that before surgery.  Guess my mouth must have just been use to it!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

33 yrs old - 5'8 - SW 305 - GW 165
                            MyFitnessPal: DuckyTX

Faye56
on 10/24/11 8:15 am
VSG on 07/19/11 with
First of all.....Happy, happy Birthday!!!!
I have not tried any of my old fav's yet but that must be a great feeling! I am also from TX and so loved everything fried. Hopefully if and when I try something fried I will have the same results you did. Congrats on dumping those old cravings! That is awesome.
Have a great Birthday.

"Encourage instead of criticize.  Love instead of hate.  Hope instead of doubt. Give instead of take.  Trust instead of worry.  We open our hearts to others so that they will be prompted to open their hearts to God"  Lucy Swindoll

startingover1
on 10/24/11 9:56 am - MI
I have to agree.  My go to favorite was potato chips and I had 1/2 on one and have to say...ehh not worth it.  It felt good to have that feeling.

shoop
on 10/24/11 1:08 pm
 Happy birthday!! I hope i am as strong as you when i have to give up mac and cheese lol those kraft commericals were made bc of me lol!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 92 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 314 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 362 views