JELLO - J-E-L-L........NO!

msulme
on 10/27/11 2:38 am - KY
So, it's been a little over 10 months since I was on my 2 week pre-op diet and everyone knows how that goes.  I ate a LOT of Jello.  I haven't had Jello since and decided that it looked good at the store last week and since I needed some sweet options with low calories I went ahead and picked some up.  I tried to eat some on two seperate occassions and I couldn't even stomach the spoon going into my mouth.  It actually makes me laugh and I thought I'd share as I'm sure I'm not the only one to experience this.

Have a great day everyone!!

perfectlayde
on 10/27/11 2:44 am
I had so much broth during my pre-op and liquid diet phases that I couldn't even think about eating soup since I've had surgery!  I'm just now starting to eat some here and there :)
HW- 357 | SW - 346.2 | CW - 244.0 | GW - 175

Feed your faith and your doubts will starve to death!          
percheron
on 10/27/11 2:48 am
...lol....

Amazing how our heads change the way we can handle smells and taste after surgery and a liquid diet....

For me it is beverages like propel or gatorade, they make me feel sick the minute their aroma hits my nose.  Reminds me too much of contrast that you have to drink before certain scans...ICK!

Congrats by the way, looks like you have done awesome!

msulme
on 10/27/11 2:58 am - KY
thank you!  You are doing awesome as well :)  Keep up the good work and stay away from the gatorade!!
viola_120
on 10/27/11 3:02 am - FL
I had the same experience with cottage cheese!! LOL
HW-250 SW 241.8 GW 139            
califsleevin
on 10/27/11 4:47 am - CA
I haven't had any Jello, or desire for it, since surgery, and I only had a day of pre-op clear protein and used if for maybe a week immediately post-op as part of the mushies before I started moving to more real foods. However, I still use protein loaded SF pudding, often with greek yogurt as part of the mix. Go figure.

1st support group/seminar - 8/03 (has it been that long?)  

Wife's DS - 5/05 w Dr. Robert Rabkin   VSG on 5/9/11 by Dr. John Rabkin

(deactivated member)
on 10/27/11 7:33 am
I still love JELLO!  I only like the red ones but I also like to put a tablespoon of non dairy artificial sweetened whipped topping on it. One of pre made jello cups is almost more than I can eat in a sitting but it really helps my sweet tooth once in awhile.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 75 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 275 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 331 views