Gas, Gas, Gas

lavendargirl1
on 11/5/11 10:55 am
I really have never had much gas before, or acid reflux either. But the last few days no matter what I eat I have gas build up and man the pain in the center of my chest is awful. It only happens when I eat real food, not when I drink protien shakes or things such as cottage cheese.  What the heck is going on. Am I going to be able to real food ever?
RubyTues
on 11/5/11 11:10 am - Canada
I've heard that some VSGers have big probs with reflux and have to be on some meds for it.
Hope you get yours under control soon.. it's def no fun.

infodiva808
on 11/5/11 11:49 am
The pain you are feeling just may be the food trying to get into your stomach. You still have a new sleeve and it doesn't take much dense food to fill it. Try chewing until your food is the consistency of pate, eating slower, taking smaller bites. Use a baby fork and spoon. Put your fork down between bites. Make sure your meats are very moist with natural juices or sauce (lowfat, low carb). Try dipping your chicken, etc in greek yogurt. At this point, a couple of bites may fill you. I know it is mind boggling. How can I be full so fast?

Your sleeve is swollen for about 6 months and that is both good and bad. You are experiencing the max restriction right now and it makes it easy to keep your intake low. After all that is why we chose this surgery. Make the most of this time and don't pu**** Sometimes you even have to go back a food phase if your stomach isn't healed enough for regular food. Try going back to purees for a bit and see if that helps.

lavendargirl1
on 11/5/11 11:59 am

Thanks for the advise. Yes, I am using Nexium. I do fine with watermelon, cantalope, bananas, oatmeal, cream of wheat, cottage cheese, mash potaoes, refried beans etc... Started adding one  solid a day and man oh man think I will be waiting for sure.

Most Active