ALMOST 2 YEARS OUT... ANYONE ELSE???

mercyliz
on 11/14/11 2:34 am - Corona, CA
Hello Everyone!!!

I haven't been on here in forever, but I felt I needed to come back and see where I started!!! I am now almost 2 years post op on my Sleeve!!!
I have no regrets... however....
I feel like now I am on my own again.... I definitely can eat pretty regular and don't feel as constricted/restricted as before... it's all what I eat I suppose, but I definitely have to be in control or the weight starts to balloon again!!!! I made it to 151lbs at my lowest and now I am holding between 155 and 160.  I am 5'7" size 6-8.  Why am I not happy?  Because I am haunted by the possibility of the weight coming back!  So often with WLS it does!!!!
I go to the gym regularly but every so often I skip a week or 2... BIG MISTAKE!!!!!!
I can eat an entire bag of chips but fill up on 1 chicken breast or 1 apple dipped in yogurt!  IT's about the choice in food we make I am starting to realize, the worst the food the easier it is to FIT it seems!  

I suppose I am sharing so that people *****ad this see it's not easy sailing.. it seems that way when the weight is coming off... but don't get lazy about how easy it is in the beginning because it becomes that uphill battle dieting alone always was for people like us!!!!!!

Also... I still have all my extra skin and worry constantly about being naked with my bf... especially need arm surgery and tummy tuck!  I got divorced because of my surgery... I lost a 9 year relationship, I lost my identity and the road to find myself is long and difficult.  You always think you won't be that statistic and then you are and it's a shocking and depressing realization that more often than not this surgery doesn't always change things for the better!!!

If anyone out there is in my boat and wants to become encouraging buddies it would greatly be appreciated.  I feel like all the support I had is gone and I am drowning in the water in my daily struggles to not backtrack and make it so I lost so much for nothing!

I CANNOT GO BACK ......... I CANNOT!!!!!!!!!
-Every day is a new beginning and a second chance!!!

135 lbs lost total!  6lbs below target weight!!!
Julie6
on 11/14/11 2:44 am
I'm with you!!  I'm not at 2 years yet (16 months now) but I am exactly where you are.  I never did get to my goal weight. Started at 233 and I hover between 165 and 169. My goal weight is 150.  I am scared to death about gaining the weight back.  I think that fear is a good thing though.  I have gone over 170 maybe 2 times (like only 1/2 lb) and I immediatley buckle down and get back under that.  That fear is what is going to help us keep the lbs off.  If I make the right choices I get full fast if I eat chips or cookies I can eat so much more.  It is scarey.  So different from the first few months.  We're in this for the long haue.  We can never let our guard down. 
I have sort of accepted the fact that I'm not going to make it to my ultimate goal but if I did I would have to eat less than I'm eating now.  At this weight I can maintain and still feel like I can still have my treats sometimes. 
I agree with you when you say   I CANNOT GO BACK!!!!  I WON't GO BACK!  I hated being fat and I LOVE being thin!!!
Julie Sadek    
theshrinkingmimi
on 11/14/11 2:51 am
Congratulations on your success!  You need to lighten up on yourself. Maybe seek therapy. Seriously, it can make a huge difference with your outlook and your inner voice. You should be mindful of your food choices, but you should also be kind to yourself.

Deligence and consciousness is good.  Unhappiness and fear- not so much.
Pre-liquid diet 392; VSG'd on 6/10/11; 5'9"; SW 368/ GW 195?

Pounds lost: mth1=26.7; mth 2=21.2; mth 3=24.8; mth 4=13.8; mth 5=14.2;  
            mth 6=11.8; mth 7=9.2; mth 8&9= 17.2    
Ms Shell
on 11/14/11 4:00 am - Hawthorne, CA
As a person *****gained 25lbs...I understand that fear and YES...all the delicious NON nutritious foods go down in droves, but all the GOOD for you food keeps us full longer...

You can do this.  For many of us it's a DAILY struggle.  I know it is for me.

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/  Here's a link to the forum of at goal or further out folks.

MS Shell

"WLS is only for people who are ready to move past the "diet" mentality" ~Alison Brown
"WLS is not a Do-Over (repeat same mistakes = get a similar outcome.)  It is a Do-BETTER (make lifestyle changes you can continue forever.)" ~ Michele Vicara aka Eggface

Dennipie
on 11/14/11 9:41 am - CA
I'm 16 months post op Gastric Sleeve, I'm now finding it difficult to control my eating.  I'm sooo afraid of falling back into old habits.  My biggest fear was that I wouldn't lose any weight, now I worry about regaining.  In the beginning I was going to the gym everyday sometimes twice a day, for a minium of 1 hour,  now I'm down to 4-5 times a week for 1 hour.  I'm planning on joining Weigh****cher for support and to help with my eating.  I know I will need monitoring for the rest of my life if I'm going to keep the weight off.  I WILL NOT GO BACK!

ktbaker77
on 11/14/11 9:12 pm - Gainesville, FL
I know you know this but here it is anyway
WEATHER OR NOT YOU REGAIN IS UP TO YOU
Yes I know its not easy yada yada yada.  You were on diets before and regained you know what to do to not regain.  You have a great tool to help you.  In the end it is up to you.
No one but you can prevent you from eating bad carbs or whatever your trigger foods are.
yes we can eat anything we want but just because we can do a thing.....
The beauty of WLS is it makes it easer to keep on the path.
Use your tool to help you. 

My 2 Cents

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 61 views