The dreaded plateau

amidwife4u
on 11/29/11 6:12 am
So I am officially frustrated with my first plateau (I am sure it won't be my last.)   I have not lost a pound for 3 weeks.  In fact, this morning I stepped on the scale and was up 2 lbs.....from yesterday.  I am trying not to weigh every day, but was angry with that darn scale this morning.  I know I am probably losing inches as my pants feel a little looser....but that darned scale won't budge.  I keep pretty good track of my daily intake and am getting my 60-80 grams of protein every day.  I struggle to get in more than 32 ounces of water a day and am working on that.  thinking that may be contributing.  Also, I am having difficulty with the exercise part. 

I dislocated a rib a few weeks ago which is causing me some pretty intense pain.  Makes most exercise nearly impossible.  I did finally get my kids to bring the treadmill in the house and walked for about 15 minutes the night before last and walked 15 minutes, but that was all I could do before the rib pain became too intense.

Frustrated that the scale could move UP when I am averaging 700-900 calories a day.  How is that possible?  Ahhhhhhhh!  So for now, I will stay the course, keep logging my food, get in my protein, and try to get in more water.  I will walk every day for 10-15 minute....or longer if I can tolerate....but there is nothing else I can do...unless you all have some suggestions.  I'm open to anything right now.  I have lost about 29.5 lbs since surgery about 9 weeks ago, so I guess that is OK.....just want that scale to start moving again.

HW 232 SW 218  WT when leaving hospital 219.5
injeneral
on 11/29/11 6:21 am
Where are you in your cycle *** assuming you're a woman?) I always stall right around ovulation and it lasts until after my period is over. So annoying.
LilySlim Weight loss tickers                        
HT: 5'3"      HW: 240     GW: 130     AGE: 30     PCOSer; diagnosed 2003
Month 1:  -21.2 (218.8)   Month 2: -10 (208.8)   Month 3: -10.6 (198.2)   Month 4: -8.6 (189.6)
First goal (to be under 200): Nov. 11; 199.2
Second goal: weigh less than my husband (174):

I want to think again of dangerous and noble things. I want to be light and frolicsome. I want to be improbable, beautiful and afraid of nothing as though I had wings. — Mary Oliver

amidwife4u
on 11/29/11 6:32 am
I had a hysterectomy at age 24.  I still have one ovary but since I don't bleed, I'm not sure when ovulation is taking place.  Hmmmm....could be the source.  I did have a mini stall about this same time last month. 

Really working on getting in the water today and going to try and get on that treadmill every day for at lease 15 minutes.  Maybe that will do the trick.

HW 232 SW 218  WT when leaving hospital 219.5
lovetoread
on 11/29/11 7:55 am - East Amherst, NY
I'm with you!!! Goin through the stall!!!! I'm just trusting what everyone says....that the stalls won't last and we will lose weight again soon.
Of course I can't stop looking at the scale every day either.
HW 282
CW 251
GW 145

scorp2413
on 11/29/11 8:24 am - orchard park, NY
I am stuck too! This is my first stall since surgery. My head was playing games with me the other day putting me in that dark place that I would be in after I stopped losing on the diet of the week. I really had to take a step back and say to myself this is different, and you need to give your body some time. Hang in there, we will be losing again!

frannypance
on 11/29/11 10:04 am
It might sound strange but increase your calorie intake.  I found that when I was in a stall that if I increased my calorie intake to about 1000 to 1200  per day for a couple of days, and  then reduced my intake I  started losing.  If you are not taking in enough calories your body will think it is in starvation mode and stop allowing your body to lose weight.  Don't get discouraged.  These stalls happen and they will break.  Just be patient.

Sunshine00015
on 11/29/11 9:25 pm
I had 3-4 stalls so far this year- usually just 1-2 weeks at the max and then was losing again...Now I am at 6mo out and been stalled for 2 months...IDK if it's cause I only have 30 lbs to go and have lost 75lbs in 8 month or if it's something Im doing....I have been trying to switch things up like I did before to break it but I having trouble to break this one so curious in the responses...Good Luck,
vacationlover
on 11/29/11 9:31 pm
precious_diamond38
on 11/30/11 1:15 am - VA
I HAVE BEEN AT A STALL FOR TWO WEEKS MY FIRST ONE ... STARTED WHEN I WAS AT 6 WEEKS AND TODAY I AM AT 8 WEEKS... I TOLD MY DAUGHTER TO HIDE THE SCALE YESTERDAY.... THIS SHALL PASS AND ITS GOOD TO KNOW U ARE NOT THE ONLY ONE.... I FEEL LIKE THROWING THAT SCALE OUT THE WINDOW LOL..
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 82 views