Chicken

nmcewen
on 12/5/11 7:43 am - CA
VSG on 10/17/11 with
So Chicken is out for me. Every time I eat chicken I do not feel well at all!
Nicole    
Arianasmama
on 12/5/11 8:08 am - Beverly Hills, CA

Chicken was hard for me to process in the beginning.  I am now 4 months out and finally able to tolerate it somewhat.   My surgeon said some people it takes up to 6 months and others will never be able to eat it again.  . 

Be Blessed            
BriarRose
on 12/5/11 8:58 am
I couldn't eat white meat chicken for months. It was too dry for me. I was able to eat dark meat chicken, or if I added broth to the chicken it worked.

Early out, soft white fish worked best for me. High protein, easy to digest....
Briar Rose  
High Wt 300 lbs.  Pre-op Wt loss 34 lbs.   
(deactivated member)
on 12/5/11 12:28 pm
Have hope, it took 4 months for me to be able to eat chicken . I cam now just fine!
doggz109
on 12/5/11 1:23 pm - CA
VSG on 01/12/12
I doubt its out forever.  Chicken seems to be the absolute toughest meat for a lot of people to adjust to post op.  Some people even report it taking 6+ months until they can tolerate it all. 

Give it some time and try again later.
nmcewen
on 12/6/11 8:10 am - CA
VSG on 10/17/11 with
Thank you everyone! So I should just give it a little time and try again. I like chicken, I hope some day it will like me also.
Nicole    
stacezoe
on 12/6/11 8:44 am
Try it in a crock pot with whatever sauce mixed in to soften, or this was my staple early on... I would get a rottisserie chicken and dice it really really small then simmer it in Vodka sauce for an hour the long cooking really made it almost melt in your mouth. I would add a little ricotta for extra protein. It had to be very soft for me, now I have no problems. Acutally I find Chicken fills me up the most and for the longest.

You'll get there sister.
 Inspiration move me brightly...Grateful Dead Terapin Station
  HW 286 SW 279 CW 231 40y/o 5'10  Month 1-17, 2-7#, 3- 7#, 4-3#,5-3#      
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 76 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 279 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 332 views