I want to eat

MsLove01
on 12/5/11 3:45 pm - WA
I have been really good about my protein and calories. I started on mushy the middle of last week...I added greek yogurt and jello. My problem...yesterday I had canned chicken. I ate about 4 oz..then threw up. It was soooo good. I have been wanting it all day today and finally had some...and threw up. So now my mind want to eat...but my stomach is not cooperating. I am not hungry but i feel llike eating. So I do know the answer...more liquid..more proetein. Part of the problem may be I am still of work and frankly a bit bored.

So what do you do when those old demons creep up?
Marlene
Marlene

lanunes
on 12/5/11 4:30 pm - CA
 You might have thrown up because you ate too much. 4 oz is alot. I am almost 5 months out and I never eat over 2 oz in one meal. You never want to push your sleeve ( i am speaking from experience, throwing up...lol ). It takes literally 1 bite too much to make it happen. 

As far as your old demons creeping up....you need to remember why you did this and how great the out come is going to be. Try to get ahold of it now because the further out you are the harder it is gonna be. 

Leslie Nunes              
(deactivated member)
on 12/5/11 10:54 pm - Joliet, IL
I am so sorry to hear your struggle.  I hope by now your feeling better.  I just wanted to mention this in case it might help.  We are told no dairy products for 6 months because our nw tummys are still healing and many people become lactose intolerant after surgery.
Ms Shell
on 12/5/11 11:56 pm - Hawthorne, CA
You more then likely threw up because you ate to much.  Remember that food along with the juices in your mouth, down your throat and in your stomach will make just about any dense food SWELL.  When I was 0-3 months out I think I ate 1-2oz at a time.

Your head demons are the HARDEST because for MYSELF I can eat about 6-12oz at a time now BUT if I wait say an hour to 1 1/2 I can eat MORE...so it's hard.  I don't have any suggestions since I'm still battling it.

Ms Shell

"WLS is only for people who are ready to move past the "diet" mentality" ~Alison Brown
"WLS is not a Do-Over (repeat same mistakes = get a similar outcome.)  It is a Do-BETTER (make lifestyle changes you can continue forever.)" ~ Michele Vicara aka Eggface

FancyRoses
on 12/6/11 12:39 am - Lower Sackville, Canada
so sorry to hear you were sick.  I was sleeved on 11/21/11 so close to you and i am able to eat some soft mushy foods but 4 oz of canned chicken i would have puked too.  I was very stupid one day and had a lil cube of cheese mushed it to death like liquid and then took a drink of milk boy oh boy did i feel it felt like i had a fist in my upper chest and my mouth watered and i thought i was going to get sick but i seemed to learned to breath through it with nice deep breaths.  but the next day was able to eat a all meat egg roll very very slow but no issues at all.  I too am bored of broth, jello, and protein shakes.  I made some homemade chicken noodle soup last night and could not eat the chicken in it but the broth was so so yummy compared to all the other ones i tried.  Today I tried body fortress cookies and cream protein shake that i didn't like pre op and wow it was yummy but still sick of it all.  I was not allowed milk pre op but post op i am and i used skim milk as i find its to think now.  Hope all goes better for you as we all learn to cope with our new lil sleeves and its temperament.

All the best
My goals to a healthy me            
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 82 views