attn: coffee drinkers.......question ???

karenbarb
on 12/9/11 3:41 am - Roselle, NJ
Revision on 01/18/12

what do we use after surgery instead of sugar to sweetin our coffee ????? also i love iced coffee and frappacio's how will i be able to pull those off, after surg ???????

p.s. alot more dumb questions to come...its RESEARCH AND TAKE NOTES WEEKEND....LMAO

IT IS A NEVERENDING BATTLE, THAT I WILL NOT LOSE

RubyTues
on 12/9/11 3:48 am - Canada
Well don't take sugar in my coffee but I'd guess you'd take sweetner in place of it.
And for iced coffees, get yourself a blender or ice shaver and make some strong coffee keep it in the fridge, you could even add sweetner to it then pour some into blender with some ice cubes, some sugar free choc syrup and skim milk or 1% even and make your own 'frozen coffee"

tripmom02
on 12/9/11 3:49 am - NJ
 The only sweetner I can use without stomach upset is Stevia, I get the organin Wholsome brand and it's very good. 

Courtney - Lap band to VSG revision

SkinnyJeansSoon
on 12/9/11 3:55 am
I drink my coffee every morning with 1 equal and 1/4 cup of skim milk. Sometimes if I want to splurge I will add a Coffee House White Mocha creamer (30 cals) to it or the sugar free hazelnut syrup.

If I really want to splurge I will stop at Starbucks for a tall skinny cinnamon dolce latte with non fat milk no whip. It is only 90 cals i think.

(VSG - 10/20/2011)
HT: 5'9

Rouxful
on 12/9/11 4:03 am
 I've always taken my coffee with Equal, then Splenda when it came out. Usually I put in some half and half, due to it being low carb, as well as a couple packets of Splenda. Yesterday I poured 16 ounces of coffee trough my sleeve inside of 45 mins. The caffeiene rush was atonishing, though not pleasant.

HW 403 / SW 372 / CW 204 / GW 199    

(deactivated member)
on 12/9/11 4:03 am
Splenda or Stevia :) or sugar-free flavored syrups like DaVinci.

I make protein coffee with either unflavored powder or vanilla, or Click or whatever.. iced, add ice.. blend if wanted, add cinnamon.. I use half & half when I want a creamier kick. Possibilities are endless. You just need to experiment to see what you like. 

I kicked the coffee pre-op (didn't want caffeine headaches).. and started up about 8 weeks after.. Caffeine is not a diuretic, however coffee can be irritating to your stomach early out, so best to kick the habit now, then try later when you are fully recovered. Also caffeine was over-stimulating post-op, I was super-sensitive to it.. now I'm fine again with it.

shekicks
on 12/9/11 4:09 am - Dallas, GA
 I sweeten mine with vanilla protein powder and it tastes great to me!  Also, sometimes I use sugarfree flavored liquid creamers.

Beverly

5' 0"              HW-207 / SW-194 / CW-132/ GW-125             57 years old!

doggz109
on 12/9/11 4:21 am, edited 12/9/11 4:22 am - CA
VSG on 01/12/12
I use splenda and heavy cream - but I am not much of a coffee drinker.  I have maybe 4-5 (regular size - not Starbucks sized) cups a week.  

I have it more as a "treat" then as a daily pick me up.  I guess if you were drinking a lot daily then you might want to see if you could try it black.  I don't think I would want THAT much artificial sweetner.

I'm likely going to give it up soon anyways......sometimes prefer tea better.

emelar
on 12/9/11 4:40 am - TX
I'm a sweet 'n low user myself.  Never developed a taste for the other sweeteners.  You can use SF flavored syrups to sweeten or, as someone else said, dissolve a flavored vanilla protein powder in some water or milk and use it as a creamer.  It's already got sweetener in it, so it takes care of your cream and sugar fix!
CheriD
on 12/9/11 4:48 am
Before surgery I would have a venti iced mocha from Starbucks EVERY morning.  I was very worried about after surgery what I would substitute but it's actually been easy.  Once I kicked my caffeine habit I really don't need it anymore.  Now I buy the General Foods International Coffees, they have sugar free, decaffeinated ones in mocha and vanilla and I just mix those in with my vanilla protein shake.  They are actually amazing!!!  I am only a month out from surgery but am really surprised that I do not have any cravings for Starbucks or caffeine in general.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 97 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 323 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 367 views