aspirin and ibuprophen after surgery?

star733
on 12/11/11 4:40 pm
i am 2.5 months post VSG and would like to know when other post surgery folks were allowed to take aspirin and ibuprophen again? tylenol isnt that great for headaches and backaches...

TexasProud
on 12/11/11 9:57 pm - Frisco, TX
My doc wants me to stay away from all NSAIDs for good. Not good for a tummy, especially a tiny one. He said Tylenol. I don't like that idea either because I have bad cramps. But I don't want to mess up my tummy.

kanga003
on 12/11/11 11:07 pm
Aspirin idk... my Doc is okay with ibuprofen IF you need it, and aren't to crazy with it.  It is one of the reasons a lot of people like this surgery, you can still take NSAID's...

My period got SO bad after surgery that only 6 days out my surgeon authorized me taking 600-800mg of ibuprofen 3-4x a day because no one knew what else to do to slow it down... and I was 100% fine... i have taken it several times since... he said he looks at it as a calculated risk...
USAF Wife
on 12/12/11 6:37 am
I was allowed to take NSAIDS(aspirin and ibuprofen and naproxen) at 6 weeks out. Taken with something on my stomach, and used it sparingly. I'm now having to take a baby aspirin every day for the rest of my life due to a clotting disorder and this is the only treatment to help my platelet function properly.
Band to VSG revision: June 3, 2009
SW 270lbs GW 150lbs CW Losing Pregancy Weight Maintenance goal W 125-130lbs

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 84 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 298 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 346 views