Goal Weight Reached w/ Pics

wls2011
on 12/14/11 11:56 pm - Ballston Lake, NY
7 months & 3 days post op, I have reached my goal weight (little below actually). I am 139.8 lbs, lower than any adult weight of mine, since having children. Normal BMI.
I am 5 foot 4 inches. Medium bone structure. Age 38. In clothes, I think I look pretty fabulous, in a size 6 or small which is hard for my brain to believe. Of course, naked, I do have the problem areas of extra loose skin & sagginess, but it could be fixed with plastics, if one day, I have the money.

I have to say this has been the easiest weight loss ever experienced. I was a professional yo-yo dieter and had tried so many diets previously and was always feeling deprived and hungry on those diets pre-op. I would lose weight, but easily regain it, once I gave up and returned to my old habits. I also never really lost more than 30 lbs on most of my diets which would leave me far short of goal weight and really depressed. Since surgery, I have not felt deprived or very hungry. I do experience hunger, but it is mild and easily satisfied. And the miracle is, I am at goal weight. Without surgery, I would not have achieved this.

This is not to say that the surgery did all the work and that I didn't work at all...I did exercise every step of the way. I did track my food for a good portion of time and measured my ounces. I did stay mostly within my surgeon's guidelines and was conscientious of my "rules" to follow. I did read and research everything and was well prepared for my journey and I did use this board for a lot of support! (so thank you to all who share here regularly, the advice and encouragement makes all the difference!)

So I had to do the picture, you know the one....where I "fit" in my old, much larger jeans! haha 
Size 24, I remember buying these...I had been living in hubby's sweat pants and didn't realize how large of a size I was, until I tried on jeans at Peter Harris and had to keep going up and up in sizes to find these that fit...it was very depressing. Now I have the opposite "problem" and don't realize how small I am, and have to keep trying on smaller and smaller clothing. Yay!

Alain Polynice Arm Lift & Revision BL 4/15/15

Alain Polynice Hernia Repair, Revision TT, Lipo Flanks 5/28/14

Dr. Lee Gallbladder Removal 5/28/14

Francisco Sauceda  TT & BL  6/3/13

Mitchell Roslin VSG 5/12/11

LosingLZ
on 12/15/11 12:01 am
Congratulations on your great success~love the pictures!!
Crabadams72
on 12/15/11 12:02 am - Silver Spring, MD
You did an incredible job! I hope to be at goal soon!
VSG 6/10/2011  Dr. Ann Lidor BMore MD 5'5 HW-247 SW-233 GW-145 CW-120

http://www.youtube.com/user/72Crabadams   Me rambling about my journey : )

slimpickins5280
on 12/15/11 12:17 am - CO
You look awesome!

Love the pics.

Congrats on reaching goal!

VSG 10/18/11      If you don't like the road you're walking, start paving another one.-Dolly Parton

frenchgrapes
on 12/15/11 12:39 am - TX
Congratulations. You look great - and, you are tiny!
    CW 278 SW 260 GW 140    
ready2sleeve
on 12/15/11 12:50 am - CA
Congrats keep up the good work!!!

Pre-op: 320, SW: 298, CW 194,  Doctors goal 180,  My GW 160   
Margo N.
on 12/15/11 1:09 am
Woo hoo! Way to go - you look fantastic!
Margo - Burnaby, British Columbia HW 283 / SW 269 / GW 160 (I'm 5'8")
Check out my blog at http://www.vsggoodlife.com/

SuzanneR
on 12/15/11 1:25 am - Randolph, NJ
You look fabulous!! Congratulations on all your hard work! Can't wait to join you, my day is 12/29!!

George B.
on 12/15/11 1:26 am - Miami, FL
Congratulations on your success!

You look beautiful!  Love the jeans picture.

felicity2u
on 12/15/11 1:54 am - LA
That's awesome! Congratulations!

If you fear nothing, then you love nothing. If you love nothing, what joy can there be in life?
                       VSG-3/3/2011 HW-308 SW-298 CW-152 GW-160
                                                156LBS. LOST

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 73 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 273 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 331 views