OMG...I got approved....this is really going to happen!!!

sabrina H.
on 12/22/11 12:50 am - NE
Wow!!!! This is really happening!!! I'm excited but at the same time I'm afraid. What if I fail? What if despite this surger I self-sabatoge myself and I screw it up. What if I blow my "last chance" at getting to a healthy weight???

This reminds me of what I read about in Geneen Roth's book, "Women, Food, and God". If I finally get thin then what is there to worry about all the time? What will I occupy my thoughts with if I'm no longer feeling sorry for myself about being fat? What will I blame my failures on....( relationships, work, ect. )

I prayed about this and it will truely happen as it is suppose to. Sometimes I think it is just hard to believe that God really does care about my best interest. AAAHHHH. WOW!! 
SW=227 CW=195.8 GW=130
preop -10 month 1 -21.2
weight in wednesdays!

M. Nguyen
on 12/22/11 1:14 am - TX
Don't be afraid! Don't think about failing. Think about bettering your life. Great things are coming for you and frankly, It's HERE!!! You will do great. Congrats and wishing you a wonderful journey ^_^

anninva
on 12/22/11 2:17 am - Arlington, VA
VSG on 01/10/11 with
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!  getting approved is almost the funnest part!!!!

pls don't worry about failing!  think about what a great step you are taking towards making yourself healthy!!  you are doing this as a wonderful gift for yourself and the people who love you and want you around for a long time!  everyone slips once in a while, but that's called learning, not failure!

if you are really stressing and just need to talk to someone, try a few sessions with a counselor.  the surgeon's office might even be able to refer you to somone used to working with bariatric patients.  i know it's helped me!

congrats again!  new year, new you!!!!  (((((((((hugs))))))))

Ann             LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat           

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

mrsfloflo
on 12/22/11 2:41 am - Grand Prairie, TX
Congratulations. Don't think of failing or any negatives -plan on how you will succeed/overcome challenges and set up your support system.

God is a wonderful and caring God - He is also just. I'm so glad you have a relationship with Him. We manage the things He gives us including our bodies. I saw WLS as an opportunity to learn how to take care of myself in a healthier way and learn to live life abundantly!

Whoo Hoo! Congrats!
"Enjoying my life and the confidence to experience more!
My support system: God, my husband, my family and wonderful friends!! I am so richly blessed and God is a God of second chances and this is one He has blessed me with and I'm not taking it for granted!!! Yeah

weighless
on 12/22/11 10:05 am - OH
VSG on 01/11/12

Congratulations!!  I have the same fears.  Did they give you a surgery date yet?

Janie
  54 yr. female 5'7" / HW 283 / Consult W 253 / SW 240.5 / CW 167  
Month 1:  Lost 20 pounds
Month 2:  Lost 11 pounds
Month 3  Lost 18 pounds
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 72 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 268 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op