Family Christmas yesterday - stayed on my diet and still lost weight!

MargeAD
on 12/26/11 11:19 pm - CA
 Well . . .I am 10 days out today.  I have advanced from clear liquids to puree according to my doc/nut plan as ordered.  Yesterday was our big family gathering for Christmas.  Since I could not host as usual, my brother cooked and brought it to my house. (great brother!)  There were all kinds of things around to tempt me but interestingly enough, I wasn't.  I stuck to my diet, pureed up a meatball with some parmesan cheese and was full after about 5 teaspoons and stopped.  Later in the night I had a snack of the rest of the meatball puree which tasted wonderful.  This morning I was down another pound.  

What I realized is that historically, holidays are about food,family and fun.  They still are but now the order is different family, fun, food and good food choices.  I can do this even at Christmas!  What a great feeling of conquering the addiction!

pixel8me
on 12/27/11 12:24 am
Great job on stick iwth your diet - it's for the best :) and just think - while everyone was complaining about over eating you were sitting there just fine!!!

kimbethin
on 12/27/11 1:32 am - CA
Good for you!  You are going to be really successful with your change in priorities.  I'm glad you enjoyed yourself!
putting one foot in front of the other...        
ruggie
on 12/27/11 3:05 am - Sacramento, CA
This is excellent to hear!  Congratulations to not letting the holidays side-track you!

Heaviest weight:  310 pounds  (Male, 5'10")

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 89 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 303 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 349 views