**100 lbs Gone Since Surgery*** (video)

purplepeace79
on 12/30/11 7:57 pm - Bronx, NY
 I did it!!

6 months
1 week
2 days
I lost 100.2lbs from surgery (6/21/11 the day my life changed forever)

142.2 lbs since my college graduation

111.2 lbs since my wedding, 102 lbs since my divorce LOL

I made a video montage showing the weight loss over the past 6 months, start with "before" pictures, ending with a picture I took yesterday which is when I hit -100.2.

I also have a tumblr blog where I post about my weightloss journey
http://lifeofanappyheadedfatchic.tumblr.com

I was SO inspired by the women on here who had lost 100lbs in 6 months that I made it a personal goal. I expected it to be doable for men, but didnt imagine it for women. I committed to this goal. At my 6month weigh in, I was 3 lbs away, so I just made it a goal to lose it by NYE.

Here is the video:

http://youtu.be/G05RpcqGBbU 

Of course people will ask: How did you do it?

Eating:

A man on here said he only had protein shakes for breakfast, so I adapted this myself. I drink GNC Lean shake, swiss chocolate, every single morning. It takes the guess work out of breakfast and I get everything I need to start my day right.

I cook often. I've always loved cooking and I hated taking on a lifestyle that wouldn't let me eat!! lol So instead, I make great dishes and live by Gladware. They make 3 ounce containers and those are lifesavers. I make great food and portion it out. What use to be dinner and lunch leftovers is now 8 different meals. I freeze my food to preserve it, so u go in my freezer and see tons of little containers of food.

My staples:
Boneless chicken thighs
sliced/chopped turkey breast (they are like $2 for a package of cubed turkey pieces.
Hummus. I use this instead of mayo in everything
eggs (egg white omelettes are life!!)
grits
black eyed peas, pinto beans, black beans, lentil beans (my four favorites)
collard greens, spinach, kale (the only green I can really tolerate)
herbal tea/diet iced tea (my addiction is unsweetened passion tea from starbucks)
Vitamin water zero, Powerade zero
seasonings like curry, cummin, tarragon, rosemary, white pepper
lemon juice, lime juice
sweet potatoes
wheat thins (my salty crunchy indulgence)
100 calorie biscotti (my chocoalte indulgence)
Arnold's sandwich thins
Almons/pistachios
Red wine (I try to drink a glass daily for heart health...and other things lol)

I eat several times a day. I know that is discouraged, but I have the metabolism of a new born.

Why?

Because I exercise EVERY SINGLE DAY.

Once u commit to making a lifestyle change, it becomes easier to live this way daily. I have two national gym memberships to maximize my options. Wherever I travel or vacation, I can find a gym and if I can't? I walk.

I live 3.2 miles from work. on my "rest" days, I walk that distance. I live on the 6th floor of my building. 3x a week, I walk up the stairs instead of taking the elevator. 

At the gym, I do 30--45 minutes of cardio AFTER lifting. I do a 10 minute cardio warm up, but to mazimize fat burn, I do cardio AFTER lifting. I work every major muscle group 2x a week.

One of my gym's is 24 hours and 2 blocks from my building. NO EXCUSES. I can go at 11pm or 4 am, doesnt matter. I go. Some days twice a day.

It's become such a regular part of my life that it never feels like a chore. I love exercising and pushing myself. The sleeve was a tool for me to get real results, so now I can focus on building my mind body and spirit thru a complete lifestyle change.

YOU can do this!! It's not unattainable. I want to lose another 40 lbs or so and then have plastics to take care of the skin in my legs. My doc says that might bring me down another 15lbs.

Thanks for reading!
SW: 364  Surgery Date: 6.21.11 *VSG*  LifeOfANappyHeadedFatChic.tumblr.com

rgcelestin
on 12/30/11 9:21 pm - Kenner, LA
You look amazing!! Hope I have the same success as you.
jacreasy
on 12/30/11 9:31 pm
VSG on 04/23/12
 Wow you look Great! Keep up the good work and I can only hope I get there like you.... I haven't had Surgery yet hoping for it in March or April. Good luck and again Great Job! 

(VSG)  HW, 346 SW, 341 CW 176.2 GW, 165  kiss

kimberleyann
on 12/30/11 9:41 pm - Kingston, NS, Canada
Fantastic!

Chelle2380
on 12/30/11 9:46 pm - TX
Great job!!! You are looking fantastic!!!  Keep up the good work.  You are a inspiration to me and many more I am sure!!!

vacationlover
on 12/30/11 11:52 pm
thill03
on 12/31/11 12:04 am
You look fab-u-lous! A true inspiration to me...thank you so much for posting!
onemoretry
on 12/31/11 12:20 am - GA
VSG on 03/21/12
WOW! You look amazing! I see so much of myself in you, I too carry my weight in my hips and thighs. I pray I have the great success you have had.

Oh, and I love the fro in that first pic....
dejahsmom096
on 12/31/11 12:31 am
You have done an awesome job and you look fabulous. Congratulations !!! Rock it.
T.R       

MyOwnSunshine
on 12/31/11 12:35 am
Wow!  You are an inspiration and should feel so proud!

Your plan is similar to mine.  I am working incredibly hard to boost my metabolism through exercise and healthy eating, and it's great to see that it has worked for you.  I, too, have come to love exercise and I am constantly thinking of ways to add a little bit more into my daily and weekly routine. 

I have no doubt that you will reach your goal soon.  Keep up the hard work!
" I am not at all concerned with appearing to be consistent. In my pursuit after Truth I have discarded many ideas and learnt many new things."  Ghandi            
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 93 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 316 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 363 views