can I drink this?

Ashley H.
on 1/2/12 11:04 pm - Brownwood , TX
VSG on 03/01/12
I am upping my water and was wondering if the flavor add ins are ok to add to the water or what?  I love love love the sugar free Hawaiian Punch ones but they are so sweet that I feel like I am doing something bad.  I can drink two bottles of waters flavored in Hawaiian punch in like ten minutes there so yummy.  Also why I am on this note, anyone know anything about the fruit parfaits from McDonald?  Are they ok for us to eat or to fatty?

katier825
on 1/2/12 11:13 pm
The sugar free flavorings are fine to add to your water. If they are too sweet, try adding 1/2. Things can taste sickeningly sweet early on. The parfait from McDonald's is low fat, but 31 carbs. Too much if you are trying to stay around 40 like most plans recommend.
P_B
on 1/2/12 11:14 pm - Norfolk, VA
I would avoid the parfaits, lots of carbs and sugar.
And Hawaiian punch, I'm not sure about the nutritional facts on it but i am assuming its also high in artificial sugars. Check the carbs too. If it helps with your fluid intake then maybe water it down more than the package recommends

Stephanie M.
on 1/2/12 11:45 pm
Sure, drink whatever you need to to get your liquid in. It's only a big deal if you're counting carbs (which I don't) or avoiding artificial sweeteners (which I do.) Ditto with the parfaits. They're not exactly stellar nutrition-wise, but as long as you're not eating one daily you should be fine.

What does your surgeon's plan allow?

High weight: 276

Lowest weight: 155.2

Currently : 159-164

Couch potato to runner in 18 months!                         

(deactivated member)
on 1/3/12 12:30 am
The fruit parfaits from McDonald's are out.  Or at least they would be on my plan.  I still only eat berries when it comes to fruit.  The sugar free add-ins are fine to use.
tripmom02
on 1/3/12 1:18 am - NJ
 The super sweet sugar free add ins are a total trigger for me so I avoid them at all costs, but that is just me if you can do it without it being an issue then go for it, but if you find yourself craving bad things after you use them you might want to re-evaluate your use. 

The parfaits are out on my plan, it has enough carbs and calories in it to do me in for the whole day. 

Courtney - Lap band to VSG revision

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 92 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 314 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 362 views