A member of our WLS community has died

Kellawanda
on 1/3/12 2:10 am, edited 1/3/12 2:11 am
VSG on 06/04/09 with
Yehuda, aka yalg22, or Thepouchedpotato died recently after having gall bladder surgery. I am unsure of the cause and have no other details for you, just passing on information incase he touched anyone here on the obesityhelp board. 

An article is here:  http://www.collive.com/show_news.rtx?id=17916...yehuda-grode n-23 

Also some people have made videos on youtube about him and his passing. You can search his screen name on there to find them. 

May he rest in peace in Heaven with God and Jesus at his side! :)
www.youtube.com/kellawanda <---check out my vlog of my progress

VSG 6/4/2009: I'm 5'4",   HW 242,   SW 234,   CW 155.  Size 6 generally.

PS with Dr. Agha 5/14/2012 - LBL, Arm lift, fat transfer to (_:_) 
tripmom02
on 1/3/12 2:19 am - NJ
 Uh, wow. I went back and forth with him on few posts and he seemed like a nice guy. That is very, very sad. I can't imagin how upset his family must be. 

Courtney - Lap band to VSG revision

(deactivated member)
on 1/3/12 2:48 am
Please also try to respect his religious beliefs.

May Hashem comfort you among the mourners of Zion and Jerusalem.  
tripmom02
on 1/3/12 4:09 am - NJ
According to his own posts, he was an atheist.

(deactivated member)
on 1/3/12 4:21 am
I spoke too soon.  I read the obituary and assumed he was as observant as his Orthodox family.  No matter, I wish him peace and I hope his family can find the strength to make it through. I am sorry I didn't know him.  His posts are thoughtful and wise.
tripmom02
on 1/3/12 6:24 am - NJ
I went back and read my post and it seems a little "snippy" to me, I just wanted to let you know that that wasn't my intent, I know your post was coming from the right place (and honestly it was one of my first thoughts too!), sometimes the "tone" of a post can't always be read and I am sorry if it came across differently then I meant it too. 

kimbethin
on 1/3/12 3:44 am - CA
I'm so sorry to hear about it!  Sending love and good wishes to his family.
putting one foot in front of the other...        
A H.
on 1/3/12 4:22 am
Revision on 02/09/12
How sad. I didn't know him but every member of OH feels like extended family to me.  I am so sorry for his loss of life and for his family and friends.
southernlady5464
on 1/3/12 4:31 am, edited 1/3/12 6:58 am
On January 3, 2012 at 10:10 AM Pacific Time, Kellawanda wrote: His gallbladder was removed back when he had his revision: www.obesityhelp.com/forums/ds/4456655/DS-and-gallbladder-rem oval/#36856477

No one will know exactly why but this is unfounded speculation you are doing...please stop, in his memory.

Duodenal Switch (Lap) 01-24-11 | Surgeon: Stephen Boyce | High weight: 250 in 2002 | Surgery weight: 203 | Lowest weight: 121 | Current weight: 135 | Goal weight: 135

maryposa
on 1/3/12 11:33 am, edited 1/3/12 3:37 pm - Orange County, CA

The bit of information about Yehuda recently having Gallbladder surgery was from a friend of his, Rosemary (she's gastricrose on youtube).  Yehuda exchanged text messages with Rosemary telling her that he was going in for Gallbladder surgery a couple of weeks ago... and again when he came out of surgery.  Yehuda's brother also informed Rosemary of his passing and recent surgery.

So I would call this information second-hand, versus unfound speculation.  I
 am not saying it is accurate but it isn't that Kelly made that up herself... she is just sharing the information which Rosemary asked the youtube community to share.

Came back to edit... Rosemary says she mis-spoke... that Yehuda told her that he was going in for Gallbladder surgery initially but that after he came out he said hernia repair.  

Follow my progress on youtube!
(Lost slowly and painfully from 355 to 275 from 2007-2009, then started gaining again before scheduling surgery!  Best thing I ever did! :D)

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 106 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 334 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 383 views