8 Days Post Op- Getting Bored; Advice?

TonyEldridge
on 1/4/12 10:49 pm - Forney, TX
VSG on 12/28/11 with
 Hi all, I'm 8 days out from my sleeve and feeling great! I have been on my liquid diet, using 3 servings (16 oz) of Nectar giving me 72g of protein from that. I also drink between 15 and 25 additional oz giving me over 60oz of liquid per day.

My doctor allows me to take in broths and cream of chicken soup/strained. That has given me textural variety. I'm not hungry, but I am getting bored with the Nectar, which I know I have to continue. My question to you is, are there any other liquids on the diet that you all have used to help shake up your routine a little?

Thanks for your help.

Tony

Today's weight: 300.6 (Jan 6th)
Pre-opt weight: 322 (Dec 28th)
14 day pre-opt diet weight: 337.5 (Dec 14th)

RubyTues
on 1/4/12 11:18 pm - Canada
Well I'd be leary of trying anything that isn't on your list, unless you were just given free reign to anything that's liquid pretty much.
I was allowed to have vegetable soup if I mashed up the veggies in it. My saving grace was hot beverages.. I found a sugar free hot chocolate, and tried a wide range of teas which made me feel like I had more options.

Oh btw.. what's this nectar I keep hearing about? Is it a whey protein isolate base or concentrate? I struggle getting in my protein, yesterday I only had 55 gms and that was with a protein bar too. Is this something that is found only online?
Thanks.

TonyEldridge
on 1/4/12 11:29 pm - Forney, TX
VSG on 12/28/11 with
 Thanks for your advice. I guess for another 2 weeks, I can stay on the Dr's prescribed plan. I'm with you, though, the warm soup really helps change things up.

The Nectar is also on my Dr's. list for the first 3 weeks. It's a whey protein powder and comes in a variety of flavors. I chose a tub of Roadside Lemonade and Crystal Sky fruit punch. they taste good (though a little gritty) and mix well with my powder vitamins. 

I got my Nectar through Bariatric Advantage. Here's the link to the product if you want to read more about it:

Nectar

Thanks for your help!

Tony

novascotiadawn
on 1/4/12 11:44 pm - Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Where do you live Ruby? I find it in Calgary different places...But. it's horrible in my opinion!!..LOL

Hugs

Donna

Leaky sleeve survivor!!! 2008/2009 ~ 5'7"~ 42F Bougie

RubyTues
on 1/5/12 4:30 am - Canada
Hi Donna, I live in Southern Ontario.. about 2 hrs from Toronto
I may hav e to order online I guess. I'm desperate to get in extra protein .. the umpteen tubs of different powders are just bleccch to me.
I lucked out today though and found some PB2 at my local health food store so that made me happy cuz I wont' have to pay shipping for it now.

HopefulInHoboken
on 1/4/12 11:27 pm - NJ
Hi
I was sleeved 12/29 -seeing the surgeon on Friday and I am bored with variety also. I am drinking (trying is a better description) 2bottles of Isopure for a total of about 80 gr of protein a day (I get about 70 b/c I don't finish both bottles. I mix the Isopure with various Vitamin Water Zero flavors and it goes down okay.

I also eat one -sugar free popsicles a day and one co Rainer of sugar free jello.

I hope to add cottage cheese soon and some laughing cow cheese wedges. I am going very slow because anything I eat or think still causes pain -I can only describe ot as a "restriction" but I am learning how to sip comfortably and how to eat comfortably starting with the jello.

I also try a variety of brothe and just got some boullaibais (sic?) broth that I hope to try today. I have started a 1/2 cup of decaf coffee on the morning with one splenda too.

It's a process. I am blessed b/c I really don't feel hunger but I am getting mentally bored...so I started writing out food ideas for the next stages. Getting lots of great ideas from the wonderful people on this board-I aml excited for the time when I can try making cheese stix or the frittas like the ones people talk about here. I am
working on a recipe that mixes ricotta, marscapone and basil

Hang In there There and i hope the suggestion to try mixing
Isqopure with various Vitamin Water Zero helps.

Best wishes for continued success.
TonyEldridge
on 1/4/12 11:33 pm - Forney, TX
VSG on 12/28/11 with
 Your ideas are on my protocol, so I will give them a try! Thanks for the suggestions. I agree, the people on this board are great to share tips and ideas with. It makes it so much easier than trying to do this alone.
Tony
novascotiadawn
on 1/4/12 11:42 pm - Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Hi Tony,

It sounds like you are following the plan I had to. These are only suggestions...All up to you!...Feel any discomfort, STOP!

SMOOTH. low fat, light yogurt (no chunks) less than 1% MF
Sugar free, fat free pudding and custard
Low fat ricotta or low fat cottage cheese,BLENDERIZED!

Strained or blended low fat cream soups
Blenderized, broth based soup.

Other nourishments (able to pour) Low sugar hot cereals (Cream of Wheat)
Sugar Free Popsicles
Unsweetened applesauce
Sugar free Jello - Store brand

Hope this helps..

Hugs

Donna

novascotiadawn
on 1/5/12 5:10 am - Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Hi Ruby...
Inbox me your mailing address and I can send you a couple samples before you pay for shipping!

Hugs

Donna

RubyTues
on 1/5/12 11:33 am - Canada
That's very kind of you thank you.

Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 59 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 59 views