Had my sleeve Tuesday

Teresa H.
on 1/5/12 9:53 pm
VSG on 01/03/12
Back home today, after gastric sleeve on Tuesday. Pain very tolerable. Nausea and dry heaves 24 hours after surgery was incredibly wrong. But nurses kept me medicated for the nausea. Overall, very tolerable surgery. I am able to start full liquids today, but I am worried about nausea and discomfort, like gas, will come back. If I eat a small cup of sugar free jello, I feel overfull. I can't tolerate a whole sugar free popcicle either. But no complaints. I am excited to start exercising again, but, I know it will be about 3 weeks until I get the go ahead. Any one out there worried about sugery, shouldn't be. Say a little prayer to keep yourself safe and to guide the surgeon's hands and go for it.
vsg4dhg
on 1/5/12 10:04 pm - Portsmouth, VA
 Thank you so much for this post. I get sleeved on Monday and was starting to feel a little anxious about the surgery and pain. At this point I am just ready to get it over with. Good Luck to you!
ALAN J.
on 1/5/12 10:27 pm
Congrats!

Highest WGT-295, Surgery WGT-295, Goal WGT-215 - 80LB LOST in 8 months!

BriarRose
on 1/5/12 11:53 pm
Glad to hear !!! Keep walking even if it's for just a couple minutes at a time at this point. the walking will really help get the gas to move along and out of your system. The nausea is usually from the anesthesia, and lessens as the days go by, but if you get it back, call your surgeron and ask for an Rx for some zofran - you can get the sublingual kind, it dissolves under your tounge, so no pill swallowing involved.

Welcome to the loser's bench !

Briar Rose  
High Wt 300 lbs.  Pre-op Wt loss 34 lbs.   
Emily W.
on 1/6/12 12:21 am - Burnsville, MN
VSG on 01/09/12
Thank you for sharing.  I am also being sleeved on Monday and feeling anxious, excited, nervous...all sorts of emotions.  I'm ready though!  Congrats to you and the beginning of your journey!
kareforme
on 1/6/12 2:20 am
VSG on 01/09/12

It is so nice to read your post. I am being sleeved on Monday and it am glad to hear that you had a good experience. I'm going to request to be your friend. Take care.

avan17
on 1/6/12 7:50 am - Lafayette, LA
I too was sleeved on Tuesday 1/3/12. I feel 100% better today, except the jp drain that I'm so ready to get taken out but I have to wait till Tuesday. I still can't eat a small cup of sf jello.So far so good with Popsicles, broth, water and crystal lite. Good luck to you!
Most Active