Bloody Bowels??

tinkerott
on 1/6/12 8:13 am - St. Catharines, Canada
So I'm having a bit of a problem today and I'm hoping someone will be able to help me.
I have been having bright red blood when I go to the bathroom and yes it is from the bowels, and when I pass gas, I'm bleeding some also from that area. I have stomach cramps, and I'm not sure what is going on, has anyone ever had this?  Also I must mention when I have a bowel movement, there is blood on it as well.

Any advice?
(deactivated member)
on 1/6/12 8:24 am
 How long has this been occurring?  If the blood is bright red and relatively small in amount, that would seem to confine the problem to the colon end of things.  I've had similar symptoms when I had a polyp over 25 years ago and more recently with internal hemorrhoids.  My BMs were rather hard for the first couple months post op but have gotten softer recently.  Beyond that you need to get to the doctor.

If the amount of blood is significant, then you really need to go ASAP.  Don't think twice to go to the a Saturday convenient care or even the ER.  

BTW, I never had stomach craps associated with my bleeding.  

tinkerott
on 1/6/12 8:28 am - St. Catharines, Canada
 I have been having blood that is bright red in my stool for a bit, but haven't thought anything of it, because mine have been at times, on the harder side, but at the same time.  Today I feel crampy from my belly button down, front and back. So between the gas and blood I'm not sure.  

(deactivated member)
on 1/6/12 8:27 am - Canada
VSG on 08/16/13
ooh go to a doctor..

do you have fissures or hemmorhoids?
tinkerott
on 1/6/12 9:07 am - St. Catharines, Canada
 I don't think I do, I'm not even sure how to tell if I do...lol
Faye56
on 1/6/12 8:28 am
VSG on 07/19/11 with
My advice would be to go to your Dr right away. Especially with the cramps. Hope everything goes ok for you!

"Encourage instead of criticize.  Love instead of hate.  Hope instead of doubt. Give instead of take.  Trust instead of worry.  We open our hearts to others so that they will be prompted to open their hearts to God"  Lucy Swindoll

Nanns_Journey
on 1/6/12 8:31 am
 I had this problem several years ago (long before my VSG) so I immediately called my doctor's office.  I think this would be the best thing for you to do.
I had bright red new blood as opposed to sticky black tar-like evidence of blood. As it turned out in my case the nurse asked if I had eaten anything that might have cause a cut.  We finally figured it out, it was the jagged leaf from a miranated artichoke heart.  Not funny although it might sound so. 

I'd say either way, call into your doctor's office as soon as you can and go from there.  If you're continuing to loose blood then go to an urgent care of emergency right away.

1st Goal 350 

Goal2 299 Goal#3 271 Goal#4 250 Goal#5 225 Goal#6 199  Goal#7 149 

VSG/Dec 7,  2011   5'3"  Female,  HW 399,  SW 371    Target Goal 135 lbs/BMI 23.9
Dec M1-23  Jan M2-15  Feb M3-11  Mar M4-13  Apr M5-13  May M6-15  Jun M7-??  Jul M8-??
Aug M9-??  Sep M10-??  Oct M11-??  Nov M12-??  Dec M1-??  Jan M2-??  Feb M3-??

infodiva808
on 1/6/12 9:34 am
If you have been constipated and straining to get it out you might have developed hemorrhoids but check it out with your doctor.

mrs.millan
on 1/6/12 9:47 am - Petaluma, CA
If the cramps are unbearble go to the ER, if there not to bad make an appt with your doc
View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com
StrawWalker
on 1/6/12 9:58 am
Go to the doctor now!
Take care
StrawWalker

Start 290, Current 180, Goal 150
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 92 views
Expired Optifast Question