Bye to Everyone Here

(deactivated member)
on 1/14/12 7:37 am
Thank you for sharing your knowledge with us Newbies.   I often think about those of you who have been in maintenance, and how LOST I would have been without your direction. (All of you) I'm sorry you are leaving, but totally understand your desire to move on in your life.  I thank you, and every other seasoned member who takes time out to help those of us just starting out, lost, without ANY idea of the process. (And some who still haven't figured out the SEARCH option) :) You guys are AWESOME, and whether you know it or not - are saving lives with your advice, and support. SO THANK YOU!!!!!
phred
on 1/14/12 7:53 am - CO
Though all day we've been crouching in ditches,
With dogtags and ammo and itches,
We cannot afford,
To get careless or bored,
Or Old Medic will have us in stitches!

If it feels good, do it!  And if it smells good, eat it!

loverofcats
on 1/14/12 8:06 am
Why don't you join us on the VSG maintenance group?
     "          
 LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat

Mrs Vermonica
P.Correre

on 1/14/12 8:30 am
you will be miss old medic i remember when i first came here last year u answer some of my ? god bless !!!!!!!!!!THANKS.
Janetheo
on 1/14/12 8:48 am
VSG on 01/20/12
 I am new to this forum and I am very glad I ran across your entry.  Very well put. I have surgery on 1/20...just 6 days from now.  Thanks for your advise and wish you well.
NanaDebby65
on 1/14/12 8:51 am - North Richland Hills, TX

Old Medic, I have to say I will greatly miss your posts. When I was a couple of months post-op you gave me my first non-sugar coated response. At first it kinda shocked me and I actually teared up a bit but ya know what? It made me put my big girl panties on and deal with it!! I respect you and your knowledge hopefully you will occasionally check in and give us an update!!

Debby

HW: 228/GW: 140/CW: 134    
dec721
on 1/14/12 8:55 am - Decatur, GA
VSG on 08/07/08 with
Thank you for all your straight talk and wisdom, OldMedic.  I will miss you!  Please do not deactivate your membership, if you don't mind; that way we can still look back at your posts.  Thanks ... and best wishes in all you do in the future :-)
--Dorothy 

Highest weight: 292   Pre-op weight: 265   Goal met: 150   Six years out: 185 and trying to lose again!

theshrinkingmimi
on 1/14/12 9:05 am
Thanks for your service.  Your blunt responses often made me laugh.  They were usally right too. You were set up for getting to the point: military background, medical professional, and well to put it bluntly- your age.

I will say this: the most important thing that I got from you is "no excuses".  You often said that if someone your age can turn your life around in such a major way, then we could too.  That meant something to me.  I exercise regularly and take responsibility. I don't complain about my choices. If I don't like the consequence of my choices, I choose differently next time. I find that empowering. 

THANK YOU!!!!!!

You did good work here.
Pre-liquid diet 392; VSG'd on 6/10/11; 5'9"; SW 368/ GW 195?

Pounds lost: mth1=26.7; mth 2=21.2; mth 3=24.8; mth 4=13.8; mth 5=14.2;  
            mth 6=11.8; mth 7=9.2; mth 8&9= 17.2    
Ohcam
on 1/14/12 9:15 am
I will miss you OldMedic! Your posts have on a number of occasions talked me back from the ledge and gave me encouragement! I wish you the best!
 HW: 332  PrOW: 285 SW:266  CW:149 GW:140  5'3" 27
   LilySlim Weight loss tickers
BriarRose
on 1/14/12 9:15 am
AHHHHH. Don't go. Drop in every once in a while....your words have inspired me on more than one occasion....Thank you for your service to our country, and for your advice here.
Briar Rose  
High Wt 300 lbs.  Pre-op Wt loss 34 lbs.   
Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 56 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 56 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 227 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 303 views