Bummed and Happy At The Same Time

TonyEldridge
on 1/20/12 4:57 am - Forney, TX
VSG on 12/28/11 with
 Well, I'm a little over three weeks out and the dreaded stall has started. But I've lost 45 pounds since my pre-op diet, so I'm not complaining. What really made may day yesterday was when I was able to slip into a pair of jeans 6 sizes smaller than I could wear last month. 

I can live with a little stalling every now and then as long as the inches keep falling off. 
Tony

AmberK
on 1/20/12 5:04 am
VSG on 03/07/12 with
 Wow! That is amazing success! Great Job! 
TonyEldridge
on 1/20/12 5:11 am - Forney, TX
VSG on 12/28/11 with
 Thanks, Amber. I'm really excited about the weight loss so far. My friends and wife have both told me that my face is already slimming up. It's nice when others can notice things like that 

AmberK
on 1/20/12 5:14 am
VSG on 03/07/12 with
 Yes, it is nice for people to notice. It gives you that boost to keep on going! I have a question. Everyone on here talks about the protein powder called Unjury. Did you ever use that ? I was not sure if we need that with the bariatric advantage stuff or if they are the same thing. You mentioned what you did pre op for Dr. Nick, but what did you do for post op? Thanks so much for all your help and info. I just got approved with insurance so now and  I getting everything lined out. 
TonyEldridge
on 1/20/12 5:27 am - Forney, TX
VSG on 12/28/11 with
 Hey Amber, I answered your question on your post, but the site crashed and I haven't had time to type it again until now. I'll do that here. 

Unjury is just a brand. I've heard a lot of people who like it but i haven't tried it myself. 

I bought the post-op plan from BA that included Nectar and a powder vitamin. After a couple of weeks, I could hardly stand the taste of it. It's gritty and leaves a bad taste in your mouth. If I had it to do over again, I would not do the Nectar.

I've been drinking Pure Protein chocolate drinks which are pretty good. I get them at Walmart for under $6 for 4, but they also have the powder form.

A couple of days ago, I tried the chocolate Muscle Milk and got hooked. They taste great. If you buy them at a convenience store, they are expensive, but Walmart also sells them for less. I think they also have a powder form as well.

Hope this helps :)

AmberK
on 1/20/12 12:01 pm
VSG on 03/07/12 with
Awesome! Thanks for your help. I may talk to doctor nick about not doing BA afterwards then and find something else. The pre-op plan seems to be good though! 
AmberK
on 1/20/12 12:16 pm
VSG on 03/07/12 with
 I think I am going to talk to Dr.Nick about using Unjury afterwards, it seems to be the protein of choice on here. 
Greg M.
on 1/20/12 5:06 am - Cincinnati, OH
Hi Tony,

I stalled on the puree diet, everything slid through and I ate too many carbs.  That was the only thing I could stomach.  This week I started on soft food and I can get some meat down.  That is staying with me much longer and I'm not eating as much.  Hopefully you will find the same.  Way to go on your 45 pound loss!  Keep up the good work. 

Greg

Lapband 12/11/08 - Slip 6/16/09 - 2nd Slip & Removal 8/3/09...Sleeve 12/22/11

TonyEldridge
on 1/20/12 5:15 am - Forney, TX
VSG on 12/28/11 with
 Hey Greg,

My Dr. kept me on a liquid diet for three weeks post-op and then moved me to soft foods (which I just started). He said I didn't have to puree anything as long as I stay on the foods he's outlined. We even said I could have ground turkey, beef and chicken.

You're right, now that I'm on solids, the food is staying with me longer and it doesn't take much to satisfy me. I've been eating between 600 and 700 calories and not getting hungry at all. I keep my carbs under 40, so I'm hoping that the stall won't last too long.

JenSchroed
on 1/20/12 5:12 am
Congrats . . . I slipped into jeans 2 sizes smaller this am!!
On the journey to something new . . .     

Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 59 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 59 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 235 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 308 views