How do you deal with stress?

isabellarossellini
on 1/22/12 12:13 pm
 Okay I've been interviewing for a promotion at work, problem is, is that it will be much more work, more stress, a manager who is a micromanager, who doesn't defend her employees, and she's putting me through the ringer in the interview process.  This is a great opportunity for me to move up in the company and could lead to other opportunities, hopefully a good bump in pay, and in my current position I worry about layoffs because the work load has been slow.  This is kind of what I went through when I put on so much weight.  So now that I'm not eating, or drinking, I've started craving cigerretts again. I quit 4yrs ago, but found myself buying a pack today. UGH, I know its a gross habit, I keep all my reasons for quiting in my wallet, but I feel like I need a valium or something to cope with things sometimes.  If I do get this job and have more stress, I'm gonna have to learn a better coping mechanism.  What do you all do now?  
tripmom02
on 1/22/12 12:21 pm - NJ
 I run and then I run some more, I work out hard and it leaves me to exhausted to be stressed out. Not to mention that the endorphin rush I get makes my body feel so relaxed that my body unwinds itself and I am left with almost the inability to get upset for a while (ask my kids, they always wait until after I work out to ask me for stuff LOL). 

Courtney - Lap band to VSG revision

Pura Vida
on 1/22/12 12:26 pm - Costa Rica
If you have an anxiety condition, talk to your doctor, there is no shame in taking valium when needed!
Krazydoglady
on 1/22/12 7:34 pm - FL
Exercise is the best anti-anxiety med for me. I get up from my desk and walk a couple of times a day, I run and lift weights in the evening.

Having said that, don't set yourself up for failure. If your manager to-be is a bad, my advice would be to look for opportunity elsewhere at your work or look outside.   It's not a bad time to be looking for a job if you already have one. The job market is opening up, and there's generally a strong preference for people who are currently working. While that sucks for the long-term unemployed, it's good for you. 

Take your time, come up with a plan, polish your resume, get some professional advice, if needed, and go for it. 

Carolyn  (32 lbs lost Pre-op) HW: 291, SW: 259, GW: 129.5, CW: 126.4 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 132 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 392 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 423 views