Thoughts on 9-month anniversary--pics!

Jenny C.
on 1/28/12 8:27 am
Hi all!
Today is the 9-month anniversary of my surgery & thought I'd share some of my experiences.

I hit my original goal of 150 lbs on Christmas, and have lost 4 more, so now at 146.  Just today I revised  my goal down to 140.  Not sure where I'll actually stop, but I don't think I'm quite done losing.  I am 5' 5.5" and my highest ever weight was 244 in 2001.

Exercise thoughts:  I am a pretty athletic person, and I bike to work daily (and had since 2005) plus do a 20-mile ride once a week with about 2000 ft of elevation gain.  In addition, my surgeon's group provides 2 years of nutrition and fitness counseling.  I do strength training at home every other day, including push-ups, some weights, lots of core work, plus a stretching routine.  I have really seen great results.  My muscles are in the best shape ever since about age 15.  I'm almost 52, so everything besides muscles are surely in much worse shape. 
I do think my activity level is a huge part of my success.

Food:  Eating post-sleeve is going along well for me.  I do focus on protein and vegetables, but I also eat stuff like pizza on occasion.  I don't drink any soda at all.  I don't have a dieting mentality at all.  I try to make healthy food choices, get in my protein and water, make sure I get several servings of vegetables a day.  Sometimes I eat snack foods, but usually the healthier options.  I've upped calories and fats to slow my weight loss.

Clothing:  My favorite part!!!  I went to Value Village with my husband about 4 days after my surgery and bought some things to shrink into.  I am now so totally addicted.  I have only bought about 4 new things, everything else I've gotten at V.V., and I have a great wardrobe now.  Size 8 pants and medium tops.  I used to wear black pants & shoes with different tops to work all the time, and now my wardrobe has a little black and a LOT of other stuff.  It did mean that I had to buy more shoes...including boots!!  BTW, all underthings and shoes bought new, but I'm sure I've saved myself at least $1000 on the clothing I've bought.  I didn't wear pants with zippers for about 20 years, and being comfortable in pants without an elastic waist seems like a miracle. 

I love my sleeve, and I'm grateful to be normal weight (BMI 23.9) again.

Good luck & great success to everyone!
Jenny

2 weeks before surgery, night before starting pre-op diet:

Today 

Ms. Poker Face
on 1/28/12 8:37 am
That is so awesome!!!!  nice going!!  You look great!

5'5"    Goal reached, but fighting regain.  Back to Basics.
Start Weight 246    Goal Weight 160    Current Weight 183

Starting size: 22, 2x
Current size: 12, L

landdnurse2
on 1/28/12 8:37 am - Midwest City, OK
You look fantastic! And those pants look big on you! Congratulations on your success and thank you for sharing your story!

HW 321 (9/08) SW 312 (1/11)  Pre-op 280 (11/1) Surgery 270 (12/11)
trayb17
on 1/28/12 8:38 am
VSG on 01/05/12
Congrats Jenny!! You look wonderful and I love your smile .
kahlana
on 1/28/12 8:44 am - Sitka, AK
VSG on 01/26/12
You look fabulous! Keep up the good work!

My Blog My Facebook

foodlover
on 1/28/12 8:48 am
You look amazing!!!
jovi_34
on 1/28/12 9:26 am - TX
VSG on 10/11/11 with
You look awesome!!

Congratulations!!
Check me out at : www.jovanyneal.scentsy.us  for all your Scentsy needs     

HW:256  CW: 243  SW:231   GW: 135

Vrtualfire
on 1/28/12 10:30 am - MN
VSG on 01/13/12
You do look amazing and there is no way you are almost 52.....

BarefootLawyer
on 1/28/12 10:45 am
VSG on 01/30/12
 Good for you!  Can't wait to join you.
HW: 307.2. SW:   GW: 190

vocalcoach
on 1/28/12 11:13 am - MD
So happy for you!!!  Thanks so much for sharing everything you shared especially about exercise!!  I'm convinced that it is the key to life long success with this AMAZING tool!!

Maria

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 80 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 292 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 343 views