42 Days Post Op Update and Question...

Blind_Justice1
on 2/1/12 9:27 pm - KY
Well, it's been 42 days since my surgery (new birthday) and I have lost 26 lbs.  I feel pretty happy about that.  Since my pre op diet, I am down 66 lbs.  I am thrilled about that!  I only have 10 lbs to go before I weigh less than my hubby.  Wow!!

I am still getting used to my new tummy.  Sometimes I eat things that really cause pain and gas such as turkey sausage.  Tried it twice.  Pain followed by about 3 minutes of dry heaves, then it passed.  Not fun.  I sometimes inadvertently eat too much and have pain for a bit also, but it's just a part of my learning process I guess. 

Yesterday, hubby wanted to stop at Arby's for lunch.  I was thinking, great. what am I going to eat?  Well, I looked up a Jr. Roast Beef on my handy, dandy MyFitness Pal app on my phone, and found out it was a really goot choice as long as I didn't eat the bun.  I was pretty satisfied and felt "normal."

I have been going through some depression about grieving the food I can't have.  It's not that I want what my friends are having at a restaurant, it's the fact that I CAN'T have it.  Does that make since?  I'm still struggling with it, but it's getting better.  I just have to remind myself, that I am there to socialize and not stuff my face like my friends are!  It's amazing how much they ate and how much I USED to eat!  Has anyone else experienced this?

Anyway, all in all I am SO glad I had the surgery...I just can't "weight" til I reach goal!!!

Assilem7779
on 2/1/12 10:06 pm
VSG on 01/03/12
girl yes i feel you your struggle i work in a mall and everyday im tested and i do really well but sometimes i just want to pick up that mc donalds fries and stuff it in my mouth but..then i think is it worth it so i just turn around a walk the other way...you are doing a great job keep up the good work
   HW-257 PRE-OP-246 CW-223 GOAL-140                 
JAN-26lbs FEB-      MAR-     APR-     MAY-     JUN-     JULY-     AUG-     SEPT-     OCT-     NOV-     DEC-            
skyjem
on 2/1/12 10:28 pm - Canada
Your doing great! I'm still learning what I can eat & how much.

anninva
on 2/1/12 11:39 pm - Arlington, VA
VSG on 01/10/11 with
oh man, totally normal.  i'm a little over a year out and i still feel that way sometimes.  restaurants just smell so good -- in a bad food sort of way.  i think the key is to try to figure out ahead of time what the resaurant has (menus often online) and then what you can have.  and if you sneak a little bit of a little something once in a while nobody will die.  now, the dry heaves would keep me away from turkey sausage, LOL!!!

it's an ongoing thing, but it does get better and you get craftier about figuring out what you can eat and then not eating too much of it just because it tastes good!

good luck!!!!!!!!  (((((((((((hugs)))))))))

Ann             LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat           

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

CharTake2
on 2/2/12 3:08 am - Olmsted Falls, OH
VSG on 01/16/12
 It is gluttony on of the 7 deadly sins.  I hated going to banquet type of places when I observed people shoveling the food in their mouths at a break neck speed. It was like seeing pigs at a feeding. Gross.  I never ate more than I felt than full.  I would eat a half sandwich or get a box to take half home.  But I was still over 105# over my "ideal" body weight and no matter what I did, I couldnt lose the excess weight.  

Now I feel sad when I see so many friends, family, fellow Americans overeat.  It is just sad.

For me, this is a journey not a destination to live the life I have.  I am 56 and don't want to be a burden on my children or husband if I can help it.  

Be healthy, happy and respect your decision and your journey.

God bless.

happyteacher
on 2/2/12 4:08 am
 I can relate.  Sometimes it doesn't phase me, other times dang.  Yesterday the DH and I popped into a dollar store for some classroom supplies.  I was surrounded by cheap candy and pretty much couldn't deal with it.  I ended up just going out and waiting in the car.  Didn't have any though!

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 85 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 298 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 346 views