Feb 27th...Eeeeek...that soon??

KSqtpie
on 2/2/12 2:47 am - Overland Park, KS
VSG on 07/09/12
Okay, I am still in shock over the approval call I got yesterday from UHC only a week after submitting the paperwork. Now I already have a surgery date? Eeeek...this is REALLY REALLY going to happen! Liquid diet starts on the 13th...and surgery on the 27th. Wow. What a whirlwind this week has been.

Now its time to plan my birthday trip to Hawaii in September...haha
ChristiS1985
on 2/2/12 2:49 am - TN
Congrats! That is so wonderful and I wish you the best of luck. I really hope that I get that quick of response.
KSqtpie
on 2/2/12 11:09 am - Overland Park, KS
VSG on 07/09/12
I will keep my fingers crossed for you! I seriuosly didn't expect the time to fly as quickly as it has. I am glad though. I'm ready to get this new life going :)
Cindy22706
on 2/2/12 2:51 am - California, MD
VSG on 02/08/12
Congratulations! Thats pretty much how mine went. I got my call on Jan 20th, liquid diet started Jan 25th, and surgery is Feb 8th! YAY.

KSqtpie
on 2/2/12 11:10 am - Overland Park, KS
VSG on 07/09/12
WOW...you are brave! They wanted my surgery to be sooner than the 27th, but I asked for a later date. I just needed some time to get time off from work approved and give myself several weeks to prepare. I hope all goes well for you!! Only a few more days...yay!! Let us all know how it goes.
A2Z_Mom
on 2/2/12 3:06 am - Ellisville, MO
VSG on 04/09/12
That is awesome! I go to the surgeon's on Feb 23rd for the final visit - I hope my approval goes as quickly as yours. Good luck on your upcoming surgery.

southbay311
on 2/2/12 5:21 am - NV
RNY on 02/22/12
Great news and that will be here in no time at all. My surgery is still tentative for 2/13 too but still waiting for approval for the RNY since the sleeve was denied!!! keeping fingers crossed that it will happen.
KSqtpie
on 2/2/12 11:13 am - Overland Park, KS
VSG on 07/09/12
Thanks! After reading so much about people always getting denied, I was ready for the fight. But now that I was approved with no problems, I am scrambling to get my head wrapped around the fact that this is really going to happen. And it's happening fast. I will keep my fingers crossed for you to have a quick approval too!
newfie02_11
on 2/2/12 7:34 am - Canada
 mine is on the 27 also...i have no idea what to bring to the hospital,since its been over 15 years that i ever had to stay there

KSqtpie
on 2/2/12 11:19 am - Overland Park, KS
VSG on 07/09/12
YAY!! We're surgery buddies!! CHAPSTICK!! That's the one constant thing you will hear everyone tell you to bring. I am keeping it simple. I am wearing super comfy yoga pants and a very loose T shirt in to the hospital, and just plan to wear the same clothes out. Aparantly we will be in our birthday suits but covered with some awesome mega-gowns, so no need for any other change of clothes :) Other things I have on the list...clean undies, toothbrush and toothpaste, cell phone and charger, maybe my tablet, dry shampoo (I can't stand my hair being oily...not even for 1 day), face moisturizer. That's about it. I guess I will edit the list as the date gets closer.

Good luck!!....and stay in touch :)
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 72 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 272 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 329 views