Party help

swarner0502
on 2/2/12 9:35 am - PA
VSG on 01/04/12
i need help from someone who has been doing this longer then me..  i am going to a superbowl party on sunday and with me only being a month out i want to bring something so i know i can eat it.. i want to bring a dip or something like that. does anyone have any good recipes that i could bring to a party.. HELP please!!

Ms. Poker Face
on 2/2/12 9:44 am
Check out the World According to Eggface (google it).  She's got tons of good dips and other stuff that would be worthy of taking to a super bowl party.

5'5"    Goal reached, but fighting regain.  Back to Basics.
Start Weight 246    Goal Weight 160    Current Weight 183

Starting size: 22, 2x
Current size: 12, L

tryn2lose
on 2/2/12 9:53 am - MI
VSG on 04/16/12
http://bariatriceating.com/BErecipes/ web site has some recipes and nutritional info. Hope it helps you find something that sounds good.
Elaine2
on 2/2/12 10:01 am, edited 2/2/12 10:03 am - Atlanta, GA

On eggface---- there are deviled eggs with little green onion strips to make them look like footballs. Took them last year and had a request to bring them again. If I can find the link I'lledit and add to this

Lots of other choices there as someone else said.

edited to add---here it is http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/2009/02/super -bowl-snacks.html

You could also look at her eggbites and take flavors indicitive of the cities playing

lsereno
on 2/2/12 10:50 am - CA
For dip, I've seen several recipes for buffalo chicken dip that look good, but I haven't tried them.

You could also do a layer dip with refried beans on the bottom layer, then a layer of salsa, a layer of guacamole, a layer of sour cream, then top with cheese and olives. Use a cooked salsa so you don't have raw veggies ( a no-no for most till 6 weeks). You can use low fat refried beans, sour cream, and cheese. In fact, you can probably mix the sour cream 1/2 and 1/2 with greek yogurt.  Bring little plates and plastic spoons. You can eat yours without chips. 

Lynda
kimbethin
on 2/2/12 11:38 am - CA
Chili, football shaped mini-meatloaf or meatballs, cold cut/cheese platter...   Good luck!
putting one foot in front of the other...        
edelu
on 2/2/12 12:10 pm - los angeles, CA
Buffalo chichen dip/salad is a staple for me.

Buy a rotisserie chicken
dice the two breasts
3 stalks celery diced
4oz blue cheese
6 oz greek yogurt
1/2 cup franks hot sauce

mix the yogurt and hot sauce until it has the consistency of salad dressing

put rest of ingrdients into bowl and mix in the yogurt/hot sauce dressing.

enjoy!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 130 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 386 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 419 views