Some words of encouragement!

Suzanne B.
on 2/6/12 10:19 am - OR

Hi Everyone,

I have posted something like this before.  I thought it might be a good time to repost this and see if it helps anyone.

Things aren't always as they appear. Sometimes what seems to be the end is really just a new beginning. Like a caterpillar turning into a butterfly.

I remember a time when it felt like nothing could go right. The whole world appeared to be teamed up against me. But I kept on moving forward, even when I couldn't tell exactly where I was going.

I found in life it's not about attaining a goal. What's most important is who we become during our pursuit. I happen to like who I have become.

If every day is starting to feel like a struggle and your desires appear to be getting further and further away- Stop. Take a minute to breath and read through these Encouragement Quotes.  I love quote and I am alway reading them.

These of some things I have put together to encourage you when you are having a hard time, or your weight loss has slowed down or it has stalled, or someone is “bullying" you, or they are giving you a hard time about having weight loss surgery. Or you are just having a BAD DAY.  We all have had some of these things happens to us during the process of weight loss or the planning of having WLS.  I hope they are a little helpful.

1.Learn from others who have been down that road and popped out on the other side- successful, empowered, and matured as human beings.—Unknown Author

2.When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hand on—Franklin D. Roosevelt.

3.When life gives you a hundred reasons to cry, show life that you have a thousand reasons to smile—Author Unknown

4.The world is round and the place which may seem like the end may also be  only the beginning—Ivy Baker Priest.

5.It is not the mountain we conquer but ourselves—Edmund Hillary.  This happens to be one of my favorite quotes and it has gotten me through a lot of tough times in my life.

6.If one dream should fall and break into a thousand pieces, never be afraid to pick up one of those pieces up and begin again.—Flavia Weedn

7.Pain is inevitable.  Suffering is optional. –M. Kathleen Casey

8.It is not easy taking my problems one at a time when they refuse to get in line.—Ashleigh Brilliant

9.Rock bottom is good solid ground, and a dead end street is just a place to turn around—J.R. Cobb

Some things I want you to consider—just some thoughts of my own.

Success is not a race, be patient.
Success leads to success.
Success is always a work in progress.
Success doesn't come to you--you go to it.
Success is a journey, not a destination. Focus on the process.
Some people dream about success... while others wake up and work hard at it.
Success is achieved and maintained by those who try-and keep trying.
Every day is a good day to SUCCEED!

When you get to a plateau, think of it as a landing on the stairway to your goal.

Hugs,
Suzanne

Suzanne B
Eugene, OR
Dr. Aceves
10/21/2008 
Start lbs 225
Now 120
MargeAD
on 2/6/12 12:11 pm - CA
Thank you so much. I needed this today!

Suzanne B.
on 2/6/12 12:38 pm - OR
Hi,

I am glad that the words were there to help you.  There are days that we need a little encouragement.  Things will get better.  Just keep doing what you know is the right thing.  You are in a lifestyle change--something that you can and will live with and like it for the rest of your life.  It works, I am proof that it works.

Hugs,
Suzanne
Suzanne B
Eugene, OR
Dr. Aceves
10/21/2008 
Start lbs 225
Now 120
katier825
on 2/6/12 6:28 pm
Thanks for sharing. I've been into the positive quote search lately myself (my son and his wife are splitting up). Maybe it helps me more than them, I don't know. But it gives me something positive to focus on too.
Suzanne B.
on 2/7/12 12:10 pm - OR
On February 7, 2012 at 2:28 AM Pacific Time, katier825 wrote:
Thanks for sharing. I've been into the positive quote search lately myself (my son and his wife are splitting up). Maybe it helps me more than them, I don't know. But it gives me something positive to focus on too.
Hi,

I think you are right, it is more for you.  I started reading a lot of quotes 20 years ago when I was going through a divorce.  They just seemed to help me make it through the hard times.

We are always here as a group for you and it doesn't have to be about weight loss. 

Hugs, and I am glad they helped a little bit.

Suzanne
Suzanne B
Eugene, OR
Dr. Aceves
10/21/2008 
Start lbs 225
Now 120
MizzEvil
on 2/6/12 11:03 pm - Phoenix, AZ
VSG on 03/16/12
Thanks for this Suzanne! You are always so encouraging, I love it!!!
I happen to be my own worst enemy. I am lucky enough to have supportive family and friends (the ones that know, so far).
38 days until I'm sleeved!!!!
Suzanne B.
on 2/7/12 3:33 am - OR
On February 7, 2012 at 7:03 AM Pacific Time, MizzEvil wrote:
Thanks for this Suzanne! You are always so encouraging, I love it!!!
I happen to be my own worst enemy. I am lucky enough to have supportive family and friends (the ones that know, so far).
38 days until I'm sleeved!!!!
Hi,

I did the same thing you are doing--counting down the day.  Just remember the closer you get to the surgery the more emotions and feeling and doubt you are going to have.  I am here for you 100%. If you need to call and talk with me I am happy to do that too.

One day at a time and before you know it, you are going to be on a life changing adventure.

Hugs,
Suzanne
Suzanne B
Eugene, OR
Dr. Aceves
10/21/2008 
Start lbs 225
Now 120
MizzEvil
on 2/7/12 4:57 am - Phoenix, AZ
VSG on 03/16/12
I admit, I get butterflies in my stomach when I think about it sometimes! I figure I'm going to be super nervous the closer it gets. I think that afterwards I may think to myself, 'What the hell did you get yourself into?'. But, what is fantastic is, that I already know going in those are normal thoughts.
You've been a fabulous source of knowledge, and I appreciate your willingness to be there for me! Many thanks, Suzanne!!!

Suzanne B.
on 2/7/12 12:08 pm - OR
On February 7, 2012 at 12:57 PM Pacific Time, MizzEvil wrote:
I admit, I get butterflies in my stomach when I think about it sometimes! I figure I'm going to be super nervous the closer it gets. I think that afterwards I may think to myself, 'What the hell did you get yourself into?'. But, what is fantastic is, that I already know going in those are normal thoughts.
You've been a fabulous source of knowledge, and I appreciate your willingness to be there for me! Many thanks, Suzanne!!!

Hi,

LOL, I said on my way flying there "what in the hell am I doing?"  So this is pretty normal.  Your uneasiness goes away once you arrive at the hospital.  The people are great, they start you off getting you labs work done right away and then have you do a few more test--they are all easy tests--not to worry.  I have a little hint for you. Volunteer to go first.  You haven't eaten anything in a while and you are hungry.  Bring some kind of snack in your purse so that you can have something to eat while you are waiting for everyone to finish their tests.  For me it was trail mix.  So, since I finished first, I could have my snack first.  You have to wait until everyone is finished and then they take you the the hotel all together. 

If you want to get to know some of the other people that are having WLS the same day as you invite them to have dinner as a group.  The hospital will also make you fill out some paper work, the night before too.  So have names and address of your doctors, and any other surgeries that you have have had.  The name of all your meds and what you are taking. 

You will be excited, happy, sad, can't wait for this, and be 2nd guessing yourself all at one time.  These are quite normal feelings.  And yes, I am here every step of the way.  I had to really beautiful and lovely ladies who were there for me and it was so very helpful.  Some day you can do this for a "newbie" too.

Hugs,
Suzanne
Suzanne B
Eugene, OR
Dr. Aceves
10/21/2008 
Start lbs 225
Now 120
MizzEvil
on 2/7/12 11:48 pm - Phoenix, AZ
VSG on 03/16/12

Thanks for the tip. I would totally be up for going first - I don't have a problems with labs, needles, etc. I would even prefer to be first in for surgery too. I was raised to get in and get it done - (thanks dad!)
I remember when I went to Jamaica by myself (everyone backed out), and I was sooo excited about going. But, the day of, when my mom was driving me to the airport I was thinking to myself "is this a bad idea?". I was really starting to doubt myself. I am likening this experience to that. I am going in super excited, figure I'll be really nervous about it - wonder what the hell I was thinking, and then afterwards I'll be thankful I did it!
Luckily, I am not on any medications and only had wisdom teeth extraction in the past - so the paper work should be very easy!
Thanks for the tip about bringing something to snack on afterwards - I probably wouldn't of thought about that.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 131 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 389 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 421 views