Anyone post op have numb skin?

Aussie_in_India
on 2/20/12 9:01 pm - India
Hi all - I'm two weeks out and have a section of skin on my tummy about the size of my hand, that is numb - it feels a bit like your cheek does when the dentist's anesthetic is wearing off, numb but tingly a the same time. It is on the lower left, below any of my incisions. Just wondering if anyone else has had this, and if so, if it resolves over time.

Thanks
Jo
David R.
on 2/20/12 9:59 pm
Yes, I had a small spot near on of the insission sites for about 3 months. It slowly went away.
Aussie_in_India
on 2/20/12 10:02 pm - India
Thanks David
BROOKE H.
on 2/20/12 10:45 pm - WI
Yep, a small spot by an incision. I assume it will go away. I had a spot like that on my knee for a year or so after my knee surgery. It feels so weird!

Surgery Date: January 16, 2012
Highest weight: 367 Surgery weight: 360  Current weight:248
Total lost = 119

Ms. Poker Face
on 2/20/12 10:58 pm
Yep, small area around my belly button that was numb for a few months post op. Feels normal now. Surgeon said sometimes nerves get nicked when he makes incisions and it resolves over time. And it did.
Hayley73
on 2/20/12 11:00 pm
VSG on 04/17/12 with
4 yrs ago I had bil breast reduction and I still have a small area on either side that is completly numb.  Sometimes it really itches and I am unable to scratch to any relief.  It is like phamtom pain/itch according to the dr. 

It really doesnt bother me much....gets better with time I think.
Wake up every morning with the thought that something WONDERFUL is gonna happen!!! 
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 165 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 441 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 462 views