To eat or not to eat

AllaP
on 2/21/12 5:50 am - Vaughan, Canada
 This is totally new to me. I'm not hungry. I'm 5 months out. For the last 2 weeks I'm not hungry. Should I eat or not? If I eat 3 meals a day there's no way I'll have enough protein. On the other hand I'm so tempted not to eat and do not pay att.to the ammount of protein. I know it's not going to last long.

Please, your opinion.

Thank you in advance,
Alla. 

emelar
on 2/21/12 5:57 am - TX
You need to get your protein.  At 5 months out, you should be able to get 60g of protein in 3 meals - a protein drink (most of the powders have between 20-30g), greek yogurt (20g), meat (basic rule of thumb is 7g per oz), protein bars.  I assume you're taking your vitamins, calcium, B12?
AllaP
on 2/21/12 6:48 am - Vaughan, Canada
 I'm taking all my vitamins, drinking up to 100 oz of water. 
Don't take me wrong. I can eat. I am able to eat. But all of a sudden I'm not hungry. 

emelar
on 2/21/12 6:59 am - TX
Still need to get your protein in, hungry or not!
smbergie200
on 2/21/12 7:44 am - Naples, FL
Your body needs calories to stay alive. If you don't eat your body will find calories to survive by using muscle for calories. When this happens you lose muscle mass which not only hurts your metabolism, but makes you look unhealthy. Also remember your heart is made of muscle so you probably don't want your body to "eat" your heart to stay alive. Remember what happens to a car when you don't put fuel in it? Its dead. Don't play with your health. Eat.

Plastics - Extended Tummy Tuck - February 6th 2013

(deactivated member)
on 2/21/12 8:22 am
Alla, here is the bottom line, you need to get the protein in or your body will start to cannibalize the muscle that is already there.  By the way, your heart is a muscle.  Get it?  This is not a joke, you have to get your protein in no matter what you feel.  On the other hand, you do not need a lot of calories, any carbs or even fats.  So as long as you are getting the protein in, in any easily digestible form, you will be just fine.  Eat or drink your 70+ grams of protein, this is not negotiable, all else can be skipped.  ( Except vitamins of course).  Sorry if I am blunt here, but this is very serious stuff.
AllaP
on 2/21/12 8:23 am - Vaughan, Canada
 Thank you.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 71 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 265 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 327 views