I wonder if any of you would know the answer? HELP if you do

Jamato
on 2/24/12 10:19 am - Carteret, NJ
I am 3 months post of next week. I am down just about 45 lbs. I am happy it is coming off slow because I am exercising & re-building the muscles that USED to be there! 

I wanted to get some opinion! 

Is it better to stay in the 60-80 grams of protein a day range or should I get AS MUCH protein as possible as long as I get at least 60-80 grams?

I am so confused! Please, any suggestions will help! I have hit another stall & it is KILLING me! I like to see the scale go DOWN not just stay stagnant! 

Thanks for your advice in advance! 

katie M.
on 2/24/12 10:27 am
VSG on 03/29/12
I'm pre-op and I've been wondering this as well! I know in the beginning its hard to get the neccessary protein in, but was curious if you should shoot for more once you can. Intersted in the replies this gets!
Ms. Poker Face
on 2/24/12 10:36 am
Getting more than 60-80 per day is fine... just be sure to get at least 60.  Watch your total caloric intake... but even at say 100g of protein per day, you should still be fine.

5'5"    Goal reached, but fighting regain.  Back to Basics.
Start Weight 246    Goal Weight 160    Current Weight 183

Starting size: 22, 2x
Current size: 12, L

Jamato
on 2/24/12 10:41 am - Carteret, NJ
Thank you! I know I have to take into consideration the calories. It seems this week was tough. I am a school bus driver & this week being on stand by made my schedule WAY OFF TRACK! I think that has a LOT to do with the stall.

When I am on a steady route, I have my routine & stick to it. This week was not that way. Plus with Lent & NO MEAT 2 days this week, protein was tough to get in. TG I had some protein shots left from surgery. THey do come in handy this time of year. Fish all day with a luna bar & yogurt. I am @ almost 90 grams so I just wanted to check! 

I took in a lot less calories today but a LOT more protein. I guess changing it up once in a while is good too! 
Thanks for your help! I do appreciate it! 

Ms. Poker Face
on 2/24/12 8:44 pm
Protein "shots" are usually made with collagen which cannot be absorbed by our bodies and therefore is like taking in no protein at all.  Just a word of caution... avoid those.

5'5"    Goal reached, but fighting regain.  Back to Basics.
Start Weight 246    Goal Weight 160    Current Weight 183

Starting size: 22, 2x
Current size: 12, L

2muchfluff
on 2/24/12 11:25 am
 Keep an eye on carbs, too.  They will cause you to stop loosing and to be hungry more often.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 164 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 440 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 462 views