??clear diet??

nikki34
on 3/6/12 6:51 am - Philadelphia, PA
 i have a question... when u r on a clear diet how do u get ur protien? is their a clear protein drink or something?

If u change Nothing, Nothing will change!!!

bigtigger1010
on 3/6/12 7:08 am - Laurel, MD
VSG on 04/05/12
some ppl use isopure ( but others have commented that it tastes like monkey ass! LOL) and I think most of the drs consider the  syntrax nectars clear...

HW:344  SW:329  CW:207.8  Losses: pre-op - 15/ post-op - 121.2        
M1 -  25      M2 -  18    M3 -  14.2    M4  - 11.8     M5   - 14      M6  -  9.6
M7 -  6.6     M8 -  7.0   M9 -  5.6      M10 - 7.8      M11 - 1.6+      M12- ??    

cheyrobin
on 3/6/12 7:24 am - Cheyenne, WY
I just bought a bunch of Isopure bottles  to see if there was a certain flavor I liked.  I've heard the Alpine Punch is good.  But haven't tried any of them yet. 

I just ordered a 13 packet sample pack of Nectar from syntrax.com for $13.  But again haven't tried any.

So I guess I"m really not any help to you!! 

newme2011-2012
on 3/6/12 7:35 am
My clear diet right after surgery was NO protien until after 7 days of clear only. Broth, gatorade, jello, popscilies. etc..
Julie
  Highest weight 330 - GW 150  

Jackie F.
on 3/6/12 7:55 am - Pico Rivera, CA
VSG on 03/09/12
I'm currently on my 2 week pre op diet and was instructed to drink Isopure.  I have to admit I cant stand it.  Ive tired 5 different flavors and have not liked any of them but I have to drink it so I do.  I hope I can stomach them after surgery on Friday. 

Jackie
HW: 275 GW: 130

Michelle H.
(Rainbomama)

on 3/6/12 10:33 am - LA
VSG on 02/27/12
I haven't been allowed to have protein for the week postop either. I'm supposed to start it tomorrow.
DanaSue
on 3/6/12 10:37 am
My surgeon is putting me on a 2 day preop liquid diet.  I read a lot of people saying that they were on a 2 week liquid diet.  Were you only allowed to eat clear liquids for 2 weeks?
Christa :]
on 3/7/12 12:32 am - MI
VSG on 03/13/12
I am on my 2 week pre-op diet right now. I am having surgery March 13th. My pre-op consists of BetterMD protein shakes. I have to drink 5 of them a day. Which I have to say they are not chalky or bad tasting at all. They're good. I was instructed to mix them with 8oz of fat free milk. Ok so 5 of those a day, also a fiber jello or broth that we also had to order. Both are very yummy. Of course 64oz of water. I am also allowed unlimited SF Jello. I can have SF popsicles and other drinks with zero calories. Also low calorie drinks, Diet V8 Splash, Light Minute Maid..as long as I do not exceed over 100 calories of those a day. I can have low fat broths also staying in the same 100 calories a day. I can have 2 cups of raw veggies (carrots, cucumber, green pepper, tomatoes, and cauliflower) In order to keep sane I eat pickles. It is not on my list but they are zero calorie and I love pickles. If I am dying and want food I go for pickles :] The only time I am on "Clear liquids" are the 2 days I am in the hospital. Then as soon as I get home I am on full liquids consisting of the protein shakes, cream soups, SF Jello, SF pudding, cottage cheese, oatmeal or cream of wheat.
Every doctor is different which all of our diets are different.

BlondeOne
on 3/7/12 12:31 am - Roy, UT
I'm on my clear liquid diet now (my surgery is on Mar. 12) and the instructions I was given say you can have 3-4 protein drinks/day, and you can mix them with water or skim milk.  Then you can have sugar-free jello, sugar-free popsicles, clear broth, crystal lite, herbal teas, and of course water!  I'm about sick of water at this point, so I better start mixing in the crystal lite.  I hope this helps!

Highest/Surgery Weight 230 Goal Weight 140 Current Weight 190
Starting BMI 36.6 Current BMI 28
My height is 5'7.

nikki34
on 3/7/12 12:49 pm - Philadelphia, PA
thank u everyone for the insiteful advice! im not on a clear diet yet but i am starting to buy things that i'll need for pre and post op. U all have been helpful. thanx again.

If u change Nothing, Nothing will change!!!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 158 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 430 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 449 views