i'm a raging *****

acochr2
on 3/6/12 11:36 am
 so today is day 12 of pure liquids. the first 7 were full liquids and it was fine. i stayed full, had energy, was normal. but these past 5 days have been hell. my poor boyfriend is doing anything and everything to keep me happy but i can't seem to be nice for more than a few minutes. i'm exhausted/drained, stressed, starving most of the time, not thinking clearly, and just plain mean. what can i do to fix my mood? my vitamins came in yesterday. do you think they would help? i feel terrible. he'll do anything in the world for me and i know it's going to get worse after surgery..being in pain and whatnot. i'm not worried about him leaving..he's stuck around through much worse but he certainly doesn't deserve this. 
any advice?
felicia W.
on 3/6/12 12:04 pm - Kent, WA
I totally know what you are going through. My husband is very supportive but while i am eating my chicken breast with veggies he is eating maceroni and cheese with hot dogs and burgers..... needless to say i sometimes turn into a 3 headed b****.... ha ha the vitamins DEFINETELY help!!!!!! stay hydrated with lots of water when you are taking them. it will get better and you only have a few days till your surgery then you wont be hungry all the time and hopefully he can support you by playing your sweet nurse maid. ha ha good luck to you!!!!

acochr2
on 3/6/12 12:11 pm
 hahaha yea. when i was on full liquids i cooked for his super skinny eats fast food 3 times a day self, picked up fast food and all...didn't mind a bit. today i could eat the couch cusion..i wouldn't even answer the door for the pizza guy even though i was right by it! guess i'll start the vitamins in the morning!!! 
felicia W.
on 3/6/12 12:19 pm - Kent, WA
ha ha ha Yeah that is exactly how i was..... pretty much a total ***** just to be one.... and then 2 seconds later i would apologize and be nice for about 3-5 minutes... then he would do something that would tick me off.... wether it be dropping a piece of paper on the floor and not picking it up right away or leaving his smelly socks on the couch.... ha ha after the vitamins now i watch him a lot and notice then he watches for those moods... i just giggle to myself about it..... it doesnt help that 2 weeks ago i got an iud inserted( hurt like a mother, especially since ive never had kids b4) so i have been hungry, sore, in pain and in need of some chocolate for the past month... ha ha poor guy.

acochr2
on 3/6/12 12:26 pm
 Hahahaha I'm so glad I'm not the only one! I do the exact things! They're should be a forum for our spouses lol this is difficult on them too but I guess solidifies the fact that they love us very much (see I'm having a happy moment.. He better go to sleep while I'm feeling frieldly)
felicia W.
on 3/6/12 12:36 pm - Kent, WA
yeah i know luckily he works late late late into the night so i am dead to the world by the time he comes home. ha ha but those vitamins are extremely important. not only will the keep you from losing a lot of hair, it will keep your health and make sure your mood doesnt take you and your loved ones on a roller coaster. i am so glad that i am not the only one that turns into a dieting monster everyonce in a while.... ha ha

Pooch2
on 3/6/12 12:39 pm
Trust me on this; you will cool your jets after surgery..... at least for awhile.......
HW: 425    SW: 337   CW: 262 GW: 217 (surgeon)  
Pre-surgery loss; 88 lbs (mostly in my required 6 month insurance class)
Georgie Mayhem
on 3/6/12 3:42 pm - New Zealand
well an apology now may do the trick, and explain that your feeling more grouchy than normal.
Sugery can be quite stressful, and whenever I have diet I've always been very *****y, cant help myself.

hairdo
on 3/6/12 8:54 pm
I was pretty emotional and grumpy after my surgery as well.  I couldn't believe what a mind game it was. That shocked me the most about the surgery  My mind was hungry but my stomach really wasn't.  I wanted to eat because I thought I should.  That took me about a month to get under control.

A friend of mine had gastric bypass 5 years ago and her attitude towards food was to appreciate every bite and texture and she is starting to gain weight back. (you will when you eat yodels in bed)   Granted I am only 6 months out by I found that I needed to break up with my relationship with food.  I still eat everything in tiny tiny portions but I am not making it my focal point any longer.  My food relationship is done and I plan on keeping it that way.  Now my attitude is to eat to sustain and survive.  I stick with the healthy 80% of the time and I keep the not so healthy to a minimum or as a treat.

I would say hang in there realize if you really are hungry or is it from routine?  Talk to your partner and try to explain to him what is going on and how you feel and try to control the meanness.

In my opinion the first couple months were all about mind over matter and saying goodbye to food.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 76 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 279 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 332 views