3 month surgiversary, NSVs & new habits

MargeAD
on 3/16/12 11:18 pm - CA
 Hi all,

3 months ago I started this life change and it truely has been one!  I am down a total of 51 lbs and feeling great!

NSV1 - I work at a hospital. The patients who come in regularly are starting to comment about my weight loss!

NSV2 - I can fit in booths at restaurants now with room to spare!

NSV3 - I deliberately choose the "regular stall" instead of the handicapped stall in the public  restrooms because  I have no trouble fitting!

NSV4 - Clothes that used to be tight now swim on me.

NSV5 - I can tie my shoes and cut my toenails without needing to come up for air

NSV6 - I no longer have swelling in my lower legs, ankles and feet

NSV7 - I am off my diabetic and blood pressure medication

NSV8 - I feel healthy!

NSV 9 - The pain that I have had in my right ankle for months is gone

NSV10 -When I started out I was wearing a size 5x top.  Yesterday my wife bought me a tshirt.  She told me that she was going to get me a 3x so I didn't even look when I put it on.  It fit perfectly - later she told me that it was a 2x!

NSV11 - I feel like I am in control of my body, not the other way around

One of the things I noticed this week is that I have developed the habit of eating what is on my program.  I had a hellatious week at work.  More stress than I will bore you with.  I didn't even have time or  energy to log my food intake.  But during the week I ate just like I had the weeks before.  Eating like this has become my new habit so much so I didn't even think about going off my program.

If anyone is considering having this surgery I say do it!  It will change your life.

Countrygirl77
on 3/16/12 11:34 pm
Wow those are all things to be so proud of! Keep up the good work ")
jaded123
on 3/16/12 11:47 pm - MD
You are doing great!!   WTG on the new habits, and not giving in to stress eating :)

HW: 310 /  Lost 15 on pre-op diet  /  SW: 295  /  CW: --- /  GW: 170-175

PrettyEyes_41
on 3/16/12 11:51 pm - MS
VSG on 06/12/12
Awesome job - CONGRATULATIONS!!  Keep up the good work!  

Gale     Age: 55, Height: 5' 5.5", HW: 236, SW: 210, 1st GW: 150.  Surgery BMI: 39.3  Extremely HBP, High Cholesterol & borderline diabetic.      

camsmom7
on 3/17/12 12:20 am - IN
Good for you, keep up the great work!

AmberK
on 3/17/12 1:32 am
VSG on 03/07/12 with
 Amazing! Thanks for posting! 

VSG 3/07/12     HW:260   SW: 249   CW:164  

(deactivated member)
on 3/17/12 7:47 am - Greater Austin Area
VSG on 02/03/12
Congrats on your weight loss and NSV's! You are doing fantastic!
MyOwnSunshine
on 3/17/12 9:48 am
Good for you!  You should feel great about your accomplishments!  Isn't it awesome when this new lifestyle begins to feel like normal?  I love my sleeve.
" I am not at all concerned with appearing to be consistent. In my pursuit after Truth I have discarded many ideas and learnt many new things."  Ghandi            
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 127 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 371 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 412 views