Holy Cow! Eating is so boring! It's a chore

(deactivated member)
on 3/18/12 7:40 am
Use this time wisely.  This is the only time you get to really work on the head issues around food.  It is almost as if you got a reset button and could go back to being a baby and relearning a new relationship with food.  Before you know it, this time will pass and food will once again taste good to you, the hunger will (most likely) return but in a lighter form and the cravings will start to creep back in.  It is the new habits and attitudes that you will have developed during this time that will keep you going strong.  That is what worked for me.  Good luck to you, and to all of us.
jaded123
on 3/18/12 8:04 am - MD
In the beginning, it felt like a full-time job, trying to get in enough water, protein, and supplements! 
Soon enough, it becomes second nature :)

HW: 310 /  Lost 15 on pre-op diet  /  SW: 295  /  CW: --- /  GW: 170-175

Gramgal
on 3/18/12 8:45 am
Unfortunately, everything I have eaten has tasted very good to me.

friendlyfire
on 3/18/12 8:58 am
VSG on 03/12/12
I'm 5 days post-op and I'm still having trouble with finding full liquids to drink. I have 9 days until I can move to soft foods. I'm really looking forward to that because it gives me something to work with. I can't find many full liquids that I like. I can have pudding, yogurt, skim milk, broth, and some SF liquids. I live with my family so it's difficult to see them eating foods like fried chicken, burgers, spaghetti, etc. while I'm only drinking liquids. I try to just tell myself that the hard work will all be worth it!
“I can do all this through him who gives me strength.? Philippians 4:13 (NIV)          
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 92 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 314 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 362 views