Check In (Before - After Pic Included)

DragonGirl
on 3/30/12 1:03 am, edited 3/30/12 1:05 am - MN
Hi Gang!
I just thought I'd say Hi and check in. Life has been throwing me a few curve balls lately, but for the most part, I'm still not fluctuating from 161 and staying the course. I was very close to getting insurance approval for plastic surgery when my Husband lost his job a few weeks ago. Since we were on his insurance policy, this has brought the plastics journey to a screeching halt. I'm going through some stressors with my job as well, so at this point paying bills and staying ahead of the game is priority one at the moment. I was pretty bummed at first, but I'll keep pushing forward and when things settle down, I'll start the journey again.

I'm including a before and after comparison picture. It still shocks me to see where I was. The before picture was taken the night before surgery after I had already lost 30 pounds. The after picture was taken a few weeks ago at 161lbs.

I Love my Sleeve...for me, it was the right choice and I thank God every day I got the chance to have it!

Heidi

Age 49 Height 5'5" HW/280 SW/250 CW/157  
Behind every success is effort...Behind every effort is passion...Behind every passion is someone with the courage to try.
happiegirl
on 3/30/12 1:07 am - Albuquerque, NM
VSG on 04/24/12
Wow you look simply fabulous!

HW: 351 Pre-op: 272  Current: 140.7 Goal:160      M1:14 M2:14  M3:11  M4:10 M5:10  M6:12  M7:8  M8:6 M9: 6 M10:7 M11: 6 M12: 4 M13: 5 M14:7 M15: 4 M16: 3 M17: 1   M18: 4

"Glory lies in the attempt to reach one's goal and not in reaching it." - Gandhi

firefly2000
on 3/30/12 1:15 am - NJ
VSG on 03/20/12
 Great job!! You look amazing! Good luck to you and your husband!
Lesley

yellowbagbg
on 3/30/12 1:17 am - Flint, MI
You look awesome Congrats

vsgman
on 3/30/12 1:17 am - CT
Stunning results! Congratulation on your progress

Faye56
on 3/30/12 1:19 am
VSG on 07/19/11 with

You look awesome Heidi !! Congrats on doing so well.
I am sorry that your husband lost his job. Everything happens for a reason and hopefully new  (and better) opportunities will come along quick.I will say prayers for you and your husband. (((HUGS)))

"Encourage instead of criticize.  Love instead of hate.  Hope instead of doubt. Give instead of take.  Trust instead of worry.  We open our hearts to others so that they will be prompted to open their hearts to God"  Lucy Swindoll

onemoretry
on 3/30/12 1:19 am - GA
VSG on 03/21/12
You look amazing! I just have to ask, no disrespect. Are you holding your stomach in? If not, I don't see why you need plastics, you look damn good to me. I
HT: 5'4"      HW: 251  SW: 237  CW: 172 GW: 135 
LilySlim Weight loss tickers
"You can control how much water you drink, how much protein/carbs/cals you consume, and how much you exercise. FOCUS on those and not the scale, because no matter how hard we try, we do not control the scale." ~  acbbrown

DragonGirl
on 3/30/12 1:35 am - MN
Thanks so much onemore!
I'd like to no way I wasn't holding my stomach in...but vanity probably made me suck it in a little!
I am blessed and don't have a very big panni, but what I do have has been giving me major issues with rashes. I had horrible rashes before my weight loss, and my Doc said it's like I have toxic skin. It's almost like someone rubbed acid where the skin touches. My belly button gets infected over and over. I have a desk job...so when I sit...the loose skin just collapses in on itself.

We've tried every med and cream you can think of...nothing has worked so far. For now I just have to put up till I can start this process all over again.

Thanks for your kind words!
Heidi
  Age 49 Height 5'5" HW/280 SW/250 CW/157  
Behind every success is effort...Behind every effort is passion...Behind every passion is someone with the courage to try.
onemoretry
on 3/30/12 2:36 am - GA
VSG on 03/21/12
Thanks for the reply! Sorry, you are having issues with the skin and I hope you all get the insurance you need soon to cover the expense. I hate rashes and could not imagine dealing with one all of the time. I am sure another window will open for your husband.
HT: 5'4"      HW: 251  SW: 237  CW: 172 GW: 135 
LilySlim Weight loss tickers
"You can control how much water you drink, how much protein/carbs/cals you consume, and how much you exercise. FOCUS on those and not the scale, because no matter how hard we try, we do not control the scale." ~  acbbrown

judyk62
on 3/30/12 1:21 am - Santa Rosa, CA

Dear Heidi,

You look absolutely amazing. Life is sometimes tough as we all know, but you have stayed on track and taken care of yourself. Way to go!!!

Judy

HW: 284: SW: 274: CW: 152.8. Goal: 159  

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 80 views