Mahi Mahi Burger Toppings???

CoolBeans
on 4/6/12 10:40 am - MD
 Ok, so I am not a fish fan. I like Tuna. Or I used to like Tuna, every time I have tried it since my surgery I have not been particularly thrilled and it was one of the first things I tried in the mushy faze. But other fish I have always tended to avoid. So in the past, Lent was always filled with things like cheese pizza and mannicotti or mac and cheese. Obviously, this Lent I had to find some alternatives and especially things that were higher in protein. So back around Ash Wednesday, I bought some frozen Mahi Mahi burgers. And here we are at Good Friday and I am thinking I need to pull them out of the freezer and do something with them. (I have been surviving lenten fridays on greek yogurt, cottage cheese, and tofu). 

So they are in the oven now and I was searching for suggestion on toppings. The Bariatric Foodie Blog suggested greek yogurt mixed with salsa. 

What other ideas might I try? 

I am hoping that I can find something that might even inspire me to like this fish. 
 Cari    
(deactivated member)
on 4/6/12 10:42 am
I love seafood with things like fresh salsas made with jalapeño, mango (just a little won't kill you!) fresh cilantro, garlic and organic tomatoes. Some sea salt and lime juice, yummy!
CoolBeans
on 4/6/12 12:43 pm - MD
 Thanks for the ideas. I didn't have any mango (would have been nice) but I did have a little bit of pineapple and so made a salsa out of that. It wasn't bad. And the Mahi Mahi was very mild as well. I put some cilantro and lime on it while it was cooking. I ate about half of one of the burgers and a tablespoon of that quick pinapple salsa I threw together. 
 Cari    
hrford
on 4/6/12 12:58 pm
VSG on 03/19/12
 I love a little bit of avacado and salsa and greek yogurt sorta a high protein guacamole.  Of course avacado has fats but I don't track fats so much as long as calories and protein are where they need to be.

HW: 270 SW: 234.4 CW: 135.0 1stGW:149 (GOAL MET)afreshstart-hreneeh.blogspot.com/
1st 5k: 5/12/12 44:55  PR 4miles: 12/31/2012 35:49

diane S.
on 4/6/12 4:32 pm
cook the fish in a pan and then pour in a couple of tablespoons of half and half or fat free sour cream and then add a tsp of dijon mustart and stir. this mustard cream sauce is good on all fish and chicken.

also, a big squeeze of fresh lime juice plus a hint of garlic or hot sauce is good.  or a dash of balsalmic vinegar.    diane

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

Most Active