Disappointed, disheartened and darned mad!!!!!!

tracy L.
on 4/10/12 9:02 am - PA
RNY on 05/21/12
Lol, just a thought Hope you are feeling good today!! Have you heard of DaVinci sugar free syrups? I just received the four bottles I ordered. Yummy!!!! I am thinking they will be my savior when two week liver reduction liquid only finally gets here. Helping me to cut sugar now!! I got chocolate, peanut butter, raspberry and cookie dough. Can add them to anything, milk, yogurt, tea, coffee and protein shakes. Tons of flavors. Sweetened with splenda so no sugar alcohol effects) of course, maybe sugar alcohol effects are what your plumbing needs!!!! Lol, I will quit picking on ya!! Chat soon!

melly37
on 4/10/12 11:46 am - Rio Rancho, NM
VSG on 04/03/12
ha ha, you are too funny, Tracy!!  I promise you this, when you finally get the nod for surgery, I am going to be  your biggest cheerleader!!

Yes, I have some of those syrups.  I love the cocunut and pinapple flavors, I will put them in a vanilla protein shake ...sometimes with a bit of banana or real pinapple (not right now though). OH YUM!!  Pina Colada!! 

LapBand Surgery 01/10/08, Revison to Sleeve 04/03/12

tracy L.
on 4/10/12 11:53 am - PA
RNY on 05/21/12
Give me an M, Give me an E, Give an L, Give me an L, Give me a Y!!! What's that spell?? Melly!! Go Melly! Whooooo I will be yours cuz I have sooooo much time on my hands) I know its shocking cuz of my very original cheer, however, I have had no formal training Nitey nite friend! Get some rest

sweetishgirl
on 4/9/12 3:04 pm - Colorado Springs, CO
Hi,
I saw your posting on the VSG forum and I also have BC/BS of Pittsburgh.  I requested some information on bariatric surgery from them and according to my summary page-they don't even cover VSG if the patient has a BMI of under 50.  When I spoke to a representative and asked if the sleeve was covered if I have a BMI of 43 the lady on the phone said "If the summary page states you need to have a BMI of 50 or more than I would say no". 

I would make sure your ins. covers you based on your BMI.  I am now confused, because I also, was concidering the sleeve over gastric bypass.  Any helpful insurance information you can send my way would be greatly appreciated!!!

tracy L.
on 4/10/12 9:40 am - PA
RNY on 05/21/12
Hi Sweetishgirl! My policy does indeed cover the sleeve, started covering it last year, November I believe. When I spoke to a customer service representative initially, she was clueless- could not even pronounce the names of the surgeries. My surgeon was the one who informed me that had changed so I called and requested their medical policy regarding weight loss surgery. Now, the clueless customer service rep. who thought it was not covered had told me that if your surgeon recommends a particular procedure, the medical person at insurance company will consider the surgeon recommendation. I don't know how true that is. BCBS is very frustrating because every policy and state are different and they seem to be able to change things at random. There is a helpful book you can get thru Amazon.com, Weight Loss Surgery for Dummies. My advice, ask them to mail you the policy and if you need to speak with anyone on the phone, write down names, request a supervisor as much as possible!!! Good luck and let me know how it goes for you

(deactivated member)
on 4/9/12 8:16 am
Yeah the "hoping you decide no", and/or "hoping we no longer insure you in 6 months" diet.  Sorry OP...that stinks.
tracy L.
on 4/9/12 8:47 am - PA
RNY on 05/21/12
Ha!!! I like that!! Will pass it on to my surgeon's office!!

chiefsgirl3
on 4/9/12 8:16 am - IL
VSG on 06/05/12
 I work for BCBS IL and thank goodness they took away the 6 mos of supervised diet earlier this year!!  I know a LOT has to do with each individual employer group, however sometimes it is a corporate wide mandate. I wish you luck on your journey!  

tracy L.
on 4/9/12 8:51 am - PA
RNY on 05/21/12
Hi Chief! It boggles my mind how the requirements aren't more standardized, regardless of which company. It should be based on National Health guidelines, not money suckers!! I have heard from many people on here that their BCBS dropped the six month clause, figures I would have the douche bags that pick it up!! Oh well, I am not going anywhere....neither is my weight for that matter

chiefsgirl3
on 4/9/12 10:46 am - IL
VSG on 06/05/12
 Lol!!  You are so right!  I don't know why at the very least the insurance companies don't have a standard. So much harder to control each different employer. I wish that there was a standard all employers had to follow. Especially for any service that is for a serious health condition. 

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 68 views