Bummer NS Non-Victory

Feystorm
on 4/10/12 6:57 am - CA
VSG on 03/14/12
 I was engaged last fall - my wedding is this summer.  Already with my weight loss, my engagement ring does not fit and spins on my finger.  (I think this is the only place I can tell weightloss). 

As the ring was a partly custom peice, and I have the same company creating a matching band, I contacted them to see what I could do.  Unfortunately, due to the smaller stones down the sides, my ring can only be safely re-sized down about a half size.  I am already down one full ring size already.  They are offering to remake the engagement ring and the band.  (The band has been made, as I ordered it months ago, was just going to do a personal pickup when I travel).  It's not the cost (as the company is awesome and willing to work with me.  It's the emotional investment I have in my engagement ring.  

I know it might sound a little crazy, but this ring means more to me than just a peice of jewelry.  And although I am happy the company is being so helpful, the thought of replacing my ring entirely with a new one (even if it same style) just has me down.  Part of me thinks I am crazy or just being over emotional, but the idea really has brought me down. 

Just wondering if anyone else has had anything that is a NSV but had unforseen consequences?

HW:242 Start of Preop Diet:  217  SW:200 CW:116.8 GW: 115;  SOCAL MEETUPS GROUP!:  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/socalhallo2012/    

SoSoHappy
on 4/10/12 7:25 am - CA
VSG on 04/09/12
 U do not need to get the ring resized. There is an insert that can be placed in the ring. My brother is a jeweler. He works in downtown Los Angeles not too far from you. Private message me and I can put the two of u together do he can explain your options. 
Feystorm
on 4/10/12 7:31 am - CA
VSG on 03/14/12
 Thanks for the offer SoSoHappy!  However, any work done by an outside jeweler will void my lifetime warranty.  Which I really like, as it covers even lost stones.  

I am looking into one of the little rubber things that makes the ring fit until I am done losing, then I will just see what else I can do to save as much of the original ring I suppose.  

HW:242 Start of Preop Diet:  217  SW:200 CW:116.8 GW: 115;  SOCAL MEETUPS GROUP!:  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/socalhallo2012/    

SoSoHappy
on 4/10/12 7:41 am - CA
VSG on 04/09/12
 I was not suggesting he do the work. I was suggesting that he may be able to give u options. I have seen gold balls placed in a ring to make them fit better. U don't have to get it resized. 
debk21
on 4/10/12 11:14 am - Mansfield, TX
My wedding ring doesn't fit me either.  I had it sized up when I was heavy and then sized back down when I had lost weight previously.  Then I gained again (wow, shocker, huh?) and was unable to wear it.  It's too big for me now but I'm not going to do that resize thing anymore.  I just wear it on my middle finger as a reminder of where I've been and who I am now.  If anybody is offended I'll just raise that finger at 'em.  Do what you have to do and I'm sorry you're going through that mental anguish.

Deb

Goal Reached in 12.5 Months
HW: 274   Pre-OpW: 266   SW: 254   CW: 125  GW: 145

You must permanently change your lifestyle if you want your weight loss to be permanent. You can do it!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 72 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 266 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 327 views