Wondering what I have gotten myself into

smwkwl
on 4/12/12 9:48 am - AR
VSG on 04/18/12
I am so scared and nervous about my upcoming sleeve on the 18th. I was only able to be on a liquid diet for one week and am required to lose between10-20 pounds in one week or I cannot have the surgery.I even have to go weight in on Tuesday.Ehh !  I am hating the diet and am ready for a straight jacket . I am so worried about having it and now I found out my work wont let me come back to work after 2 weeks as I planned. I am wondering if all the stress is going to be worth it. I am scared it wont work , scared I can't do this. The shakes are making me wanna throw up and I cant stand them so I am going to try them a few different ways to see if that helps. As of now, I am hating my decision.

happiegirl
on 4/12/12 9:56 am - Albuquerque, NM
VSG on 04/24/12
You can do this and there is plenty of people that say this was the best decision ever! Can you try some sugar free syrup with your shaked? I'm using raspberry...its pretty good. Do you have to use a certin shake? Any broth you can drink? Jello?
smwkwl
on 4/12/12 10:00 am - AR
VSG on 04/18/12
I am onnly supposed to be doing shakes, crystal light,etc. No broth but I might start that because it says day before surgery only clear liquids including broth. the shakes are too frothy does that make sense?

happiegirl
on 4/12/12 10:06 am - Albuquerque, NM
VSG on 04/24/12
If you are making them in a blender try letting it sit so the air works out...or try a blender cup.

HW: 351 Pre-op: 272  Current: 140.7 Goal:160      M1:14 M2:14  M3:11  M4:10 M5:10  M6:12  M7:8  M8:6 M9: 6 M10:7 M11: 6 M12: 4 M13: 5 M14:7 M15: 4 M16: 3 M17: 1   M18: 4

"Glory lies in the attempt to reach one's goal and not in reaching it." - Gandhi

Healthier2011
on 4/12/12 9:58 am
Think about why you wanted this in the first place.  Then think about what you want to look and feel like a year from today! 

No where on this forum will you find anyone who says it's EASY but you will find a lot of people who will say it's worth it! 

I love where I am today, I'm not worried about my health every minute, I'm having fun playing with my grandson on the floor, out in the yard, in the park, etc! 

Take it one hour at a time if that's all you can handle but remember your long turm goal and set some short term goals to celebrate through out your journey. 

Only you can answer your own question...is it worth it!!!  But I bet it is!

HW 245  SW 197 Goal 130 CW 124.  I eat to live not live to eat...thank you VSG!
smwkwl
on 4/12/12 10:27 am - AR
VSG on 04/18/12
I greatly appreciate your response. Today is my second day so maybe it will get easier. Yes I too want to be healthy and yern to play with my kids more and be able to enjoy it and not be embarrassed for them! I do want this but I may have to take hour by hour ! Thank you so much!! My husband and kids are so supportive but it helps to have people who understand the struggles.
Marabell
on 4/12/12 10:07 am
VSG on 06/07/12
now..wait...take a deep breath....soul search a bit.
ok...do you really hate your decision or are you just having cold feet? this is a huge decision that will change your life....it sounds like you are just worried about not losing the required weight and work is giving you issues so you are just hassled right now....only you can decide if you really want this....

I will tell you that what you are going thru is normal....for whatever that is worth....cuz I am going thru it too....waiting and meeting all kinds of demands for insurance and just routine pre-reqs.....everyone goes thru it....

there are reasons you decided on this....keep the faith and the prize in sight....this too shall pass and you will reap the rewards!

I wish you well...stay strong

BTW why wont work allow you to return in 2weeks?

smwkwl
on 4/12/12 10:33 am - AR
VSG on 04/18/12
awhew...I knew I needed to just put my feelings out there and people who have positive things to help me get through this. Yes I too believe that the things are just stressing me out on top of trying to do this liquid diet! My work won't let me come bac****il I am off restrictions because I have to lift patients however, it is a hospital and I know they could find something for me to do if they wanted to.I really needed to go back in two weeks due to having no PDO because I have to use it when my son has to have appointments which is another story. I just dont wanna have to put my family out during this time, we have money saved but it is/was for our vacation as a family but I have to remember that there will be more vacations and healthier ones after this surgery! EHHH I do want this and need to get this stress out so I can be healthy for my kids and husband!! Thanks a million for your advice and understanding !!
Madelaine2000
on 4/12/12 10:08 am
I like to think back to a time when I had to overcome something even tougher than this and it puts it in perspective a little bit..not to say we don't get nervous (I haven't had mine yet but have moments where I freak out thinking Im being ridiculous)..and try to focus on "after" when the weight is coming off, and for good and that this time next year you will be loooking forward to summer in your short shorts!
alwayz_smilin2587
on 4/12/12 10:28 am - MO
VSG on 04/16/12
 I'm am doing my liquid diet as well. My surgery is the 16th. It's all about your state of mind. If you're drinking the shakes like you're suppose to and drinking water constantly throughout the day you wont be hungry. HOWEVER that doesnt mean you wont have head hunger. I have it everyday and today has been a little stronger then most. BUT I want this surgery more than anything. I want to take control of my life so bad and be healthy. You have to think back on why you chose this surgery in the first place. If you follow the liquid diet and drink a lot of water 10lbs will fall off. Ive lost 10 lbs already by following the diet to the T. It's very important at this stage in your permanent journey to have a strong mind. You dont want to go into surgery with a negative outlook, it's not good for you. Take a deep breath and think WHY you chose this decision. I chose mine because every year I get bigger and bigger and most of all my mom and dad have both almost died on the operating table from open heart surgery. I want my Healthy! Now WHY did YOU choose this surgery???? Dig deep to find that answer and pull yourself together girl. It's time to FIGHT. YOU DESERVE THIS! All of those little thoughts in the back of your mind that are negative, is just you trying to sabotage your success. Dont listen. You are going to kick it's ass this time and regain control of your life. It's time to put your big girl panties on and throw all of the excuses out the window. YOU GOT THIS!  Big hugs! Smile girl and think of all of the good that will come from this. They say for things to get better, it has to get a little worse. You're going to go through some pain and some hard times emotionally but it's nothing you can't handle. xoxoxo Jamie 

Most Active