Wondering what I have gotten myself into

smwkwl
on 4/12/12 10:37 am - AR
VSG on 04/18/12
LOl the funny thing is that I am not hungryat all and the liquids are ok its probably just the fact that I have to lose the 10 pounds by tuesday. Thanks so much girl...I want to be healthy too ...I am just trying to overcome this bump in the road I guess with all the stress surrounding my surgery date!
alwayz_smilin2587
on 4/12/12 10:44 am - MO
VSG on 04/16/12
  I can understand the stress. Try not to let it get to you. I know you want to be healthy or you wouldnt be here. I just wanted to help you find that strength inside and push through it all! You are going to do great and I'd love to follow your journey if you plan on blogging! 
AngieB2011
on 4/12/12 10:35 am - MD
VSG on 03/19/12
Try a ready to drink shake. They r much bettter than powwder. Powder drinks to me are gross. Premier choc from costco is a popular fav. Thats what I use.
alwayz_smilin2587
on 4/12/12 10:46 am - MO
VSG on 04/16/12
 Is costco the only place you can get them??? I really wanna try them!

AngieB2011
on 4/12/12 11:06 am - MD
VSG on 03/19/12
Sam's club is suppose to have them also. If u dont have a membership or someone's card to borrow you can try Atkins advantage or go lean shakes from gnc.
Boppie2012
on 4/12/12 11:09 am - Dunedin, FL
 My surgery is also on the 18th and I have been having so many mixed feelings.  You really begin to understand your relationship with food.  I just want to be healthy and be around for my family.  I was originally scheduled to have back surgery and the surgeon told me to lose 10 to 20 pounds.  After I had all of my preops done and then went for my preop visit with him he told me I was too fat for surgery.  He said he would rather have me lose 50 pounds, and if I got back to a normal weight that I probably would not even need surgery.  This after he told me one year prior that he could fix my problem and I needed surgery.  I am hopeful that this will help my back problem.  Hang in there.  I will be praying for you.

SassyItalian
on 4/12/12 11:13 am - Basseterre, St. Kitts and Nevis
EVERY SINGLE HARD BIT OF THIS JOURNEY IS WORTH IT

I would do this again a thousand times over versus living in my miserable, morbidly obese body.

The liquid diet SUCKS but you must do it. You must follow the rules. Its 2 short weeks out of your very long life.

BUT

You must commit yourself to this mentally, this must be your own decision, and its a decision to be successful and follow the rules.

Its a decision, not a roll of the dice, to be successful at this.

I failed at every diet and exercise plan, thats why I needed this. But I am committed to my success and its easy because its a positive commitment to me.

HW: 258lbs  SW: 240   CW: 140  I am 5 foot 7 and 30 years old               
                 VSG 12/21/10  Plastics: Tummy tuck, breast lift, and augmentation 11/3/11
                                             Soon to be veterinarian!! xoxo

Cindy22706
on 4/12/12 11:13 am - California, MD
VSG on 02/08/12
You have to have a positive outlook on things.

You KNOW you hate the liquid diet and are upset about being on it- turn that around and make it positive or else your going to have a terrible time with it.

Like other posters have said, try RTD shakes, I personally LOVE Atkins Cafe Caramel.

I am just gonna say it straight up, if you are sick of the shakes now.. wait until after surgery. YOU CAN DO THIS! You know why you have made this committment and come this far witht he surgery, dont quit now because of nerves and because of a stupid little liquid diet.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 72 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 268 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 328 views