No bread EVER again?

Mermaid7
on 4/26/12 10:49 am
You can see how popular bread is.  It definetly was my achillies heel hell.  Oh, my health was so bad.  I don't get what your doctor is saying.  If you chew properly I think you can par take of bread, pastries, cake etc.  But, even after to reach goal, protein is so important, and when you are feeding yourself protein first, there is not that much room left over in your stomach for extras.  So, protein is always the number one go to.
I see no reason why you could not have some.  But, to be healthy It would need to be small.
Have you heard of the book "wheat belly"?
The more I am on this restricted carb diet for weight loss, the more I realize how processed foods are harmful, and yes, even WW bread is processed.
I don't want to be unhealthy again, so I know I have to say good bye to bread for the most part and treat it as some sort of a condiment.  I am a food addict and I know this about myself.
Good luck.

frisco
on 4/26/12 11:32 am

There seems to be two issues here......what and can......

What you should eat after WL and your firmly into maintenance is going to be different with every body and your individual tolerances to different foods.

That said.... most obese people tend to be carb/sugar sensitive and will have to greatly limit carbs for life. Sorry... bummer.... I know.... I'm Asian and miss my rice 3 times a day......And I'm soooo American which means I'm a Bread, Pasta, Tortilla, Potato Asian eating machine....or was......

The thing to know about food getting stuck......... under chewed dense proteins and course hard veggies can get stuck at any period after surgery.

A properly made sleeve will be smaller than what the esophagus is capable of delivering.

frisco

SW 338lbs. GW 175lbs. Goal in 11 months. CW 148lbs. WL 190lbs.

" To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art "

VSG Maintenance Group Forum

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

CAFE FRISCO at LapSF.com

Dr. Paul Cirangle

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 77 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 288 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op