Surgery not till June and eating like crap

aled1223
on 4/26/12 5:46 am
My surgery is not until June.  My BMI is 35 or should I say was 35 (I have gained a little !!!).  I have been eating like crap.  I have always watched what I ate and now I just eat what I want and i can feel it in my clothes.    I am having surgery #1 May 16th (hyster).  I have got to get this under control.  I have ordered sample packets, got a magic bullet.  Bought some soups that was suggested.  I do have to do a 10 day low carb to liquied diet before my June 25th  VSG. 
louisamay
on 4/26/12 5:48 am
VSG on 04/27/12
Frankly, for the next few days, why not?  Your hysterectomy is going to knock you for a loop for quite a while, and don't pu**** take it easy, etc.  But that's next Tuesday.  I don't blame you for eating this weekend.

I know I'm ennabling!

[I'm not gaining weight. I keep lowering my goal!] [I LOVE MY SLEEVE!]

TRISH S.
on 4/26/12 6:00 am
VSG on 07/03/12
I completely understand. I have always tried to control my weight. (without much success) but it seems like since I have committed to vsg, my brain goes "ok, you got a free pass, eat whatever you want"!  I know thats not the right thing to think. But, I have been doing the same thing. I started this week trying to get it back in control. Im beginning to see thats not what I should be
doing. It is truly hard to do sometimes. Hang in there, we will both make it. BTW my surgery is in June also. Best Wishes.
Mikala43
on 4/26/12 8:52 am
 So I don't usually get on here any more but I just happen to be surfing the web and decided to pop in and see how everyone was.  As someone who had the surgery on Sept. 16 of 2011, it was the best thing I ever did for myself.  So...as someone who has been through similar...if I could say relax.....     My advice, eat and enjoy.  The few extra that you gain will come off.  Eventually you won't even think about it every second of the day.  I am 5'4" and weighed 206 at my heaviest and am now 140 and a size 3.  ( i have alot of muscle still)  If I could figure out how to post my pics on here I would show you.  

Best wishes
aled1223
on 4/26/12 9:26 am
 Mikila you were about my size I was 195 but imagine I've crossed over out of onderland. Exciting to see how much you have lost.    
Ohiogirl
on 4/26/12 12:45 pm - OH
VSG on 10/02/12
 Oh - I certainly could have written this post - I'm hoping to have surgery in Sept and ever since I made the decision to have the sleeve - I just can't seem to stop eating.  Part of it is nerves and part of it is just feeling like I should have whatever I want for finally making a decision to have the surgery.  I know that is counterproductive thinking but as I am waiting to get into the surgeron and make a choice as to which program and surgeon I am going to go with - I feel  free to indulge.  I know once I see the surgeon - I cannot gain anymore.

Wow - two major surgeries so close together - good luck and keep us posted.
Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 58 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 58 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 234 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 308 views