Where do u buy your protein powder??

bethmalone
on 4/28/12 11:58 pm
 I'm lap band revision to sleeve on June 4.  YAY  its finally right around the corner.  So, its time for me to start looking at getting ready for my post op weeks.   With the lap band I just bought the cheapie stuff at walmart that doesn't dissolve well.  BUT since you really dont have restriction with the lap band, I only used it the first two weeks until I could eat my protein and never thought about protein shakes again......  fast forward 4 years and I'm about to go thru all this again.   I'd prefer the unflavored that I could add to anything, but I looked at the UNJURY site and holy cow is it expensive.  What are your secrets guys???   
Fat2Flaca R.
on 4/29/12 12:24 am - Chicago, IL
VSG on 04/25/12
 I actually just purchased unflavored isopure whey protein isolate from gnc and like it with my crystal light. I think uncan add it to just about anything. They have pre made flavored ones too. Those have a tart after taste. Hope this helps! P.S. it's a lil pricey.

VSG on 4/25/12  SW400   Before Liquid Diet 377  After Liquid Diet 366  CW 234  GW 180 

Fat2Flaca.com Fat2Flaca.Tumblr.com Facebook.com/Fat2Flaca   Twitter.com/Fat2Flaca ThickThrift.bigcartel.com  

Ms. Poker Face
on 4/29/12 12:35 am
There's really no secrets... a good quality protein powder is going to be a little pricey.

Body Fortress from Walmart isn't bad in quality or price, but as you say, it doesn't dissolve 100%.  I wonder if you tried blending it with ice and milk if that would help?

I like the Syntrax Nectars.  A two-pound tub has 36 servings and costs about $35.  That's about $1 per shake... if you assume that a shake is a meal, that's still a pretty cheap meal.  If you go this route, try a sampler pack first so you know what flavors you like.  mybariatricpantry.com and bjsbariatrics.com and netrition.com have them.

Other's like ready-made shakes, such as Premier from Costco.  Those are going to be even more expensive per shake, but they are completely dissolved.

GNC carries lots of protein powders and I *think* you can return them if you don't like them... definitely double-check this if you buy there.

Hope this helps!

5'5"    Goal reached, but fighting regain.  Back to Basics.
Start Weight 246    Goal Weight 160    Current Weight 183

Starting size: 22, 2x
Current size: 12, L

sgidden
on 4/29/12 12:45 am - Newnan, GA
RNY on 08/09/16
I only use Unjury. I consider it an investment just like my surgery

Anne D.
on 4/29/12 12:57 am
I use jay Robb protein, sweetened with stevia. I buy it online at either vitacost or netrition. It's not cheap, but I don't think the price is too bad for really good quality whey protein isolate. I also buy premier protein rtd at Costco.

natalie37
on 4/29/12 3:11 am - Advance, NC
Revision on 03/28/12
I bought individual packets at first to try from my local Vitamin Shoppe- they run a bit more ~$2.50 each, but I thought that was better than buying a big tub and not being able to drink it!! I like Jay Robb and will add sf pudding or jello powder to it. Protein options are MUCH better than they were 6 years ago when i had my rny!!
Natalie
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 80 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 293 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 344 views