Help......

ms_trice
on 4/30/12 11:29 am
VSG on 04/26/12
 I had the sleeve gastrectomy on Thursday and today I started throwing up after I ate the juice from the chilli. I keep burping and throwing up, but it's not food it's just the clear thick stuff. What is going on with me.
kimbethin
on 4/30/12 11:43 am - CA
Call your surgeon and tell him what you did.  It is way to soon for you to try something like juice from chilli.  The acidity may have irritated your sleeve.  You are still healing and should be more cautious about what you eat.  Take a look at your diet plan and see what stage your doc wants you on now and stick to it.  Trying to progess too rapidly can make you miserable.  I hope you feel better soon.
putting one foot in front of the other...        
ruggie
on 4/30/12 11:44 am - Sacramento, CA
I'm having a bit 'o' trouble believing that you're actually cleared for "chili juice" just a few days post-op.  Is this really on your post-op recovery plan?

Heaviest weight:  310 pounds  (Male, 5'10")

Babydoll58
on 4/30/12 11:57 am, edited 4/30/12 12:19 am - AZ
Ditch the chili-far to acidic for your new tummy!! Call your doctor asap!!

rhearob
on 4/30/12 12:07 pm - TN
OMFG Who told you to eat that? You should only be on clear liquids and taking it easy on your stomach. With all this heaving you could easily have torn your stomach and caused a leak. Get to your surgeon, tell him what you did and how many times you threw up.

VSG: 11/2/2011; LBL+Thigh Lift+BL: 10/3/2012; Brach+Mastopexy:  7/22/2013

(deactivated member)
on 4/30/12 12:53 pm
VSG on 04/16/12
Why did you choose chili juice? At 1-2 weeks post-op clear and full liquids are key. Water and broth should be your best friends right now and a SF Popsicle to mix it up, or a nice cream soup all watered down and runny if you feel adventurous. Did you get a pre-op book for reference from your hospital or surgeons office as a guide? If you did, I urge you to read it after you call your surgeon and find out if you caused damage to yourself.  I hope you feel better very soon.
ms_trice
on 4/30/12 6:02 pm
VSG on 04/26/12
Thanks but I don't need the negative reply's. It is a learning experience for me. It said liquids so I thought I would be ok and it wasn't spicy.
LunaChic
on 4/30/12 11:38 pm - Newark, NJ
VSG on 04/12/12 with
 I don't think you should take these as negative responses.  I think they are just surprised at what you attempted to eat so soon and they understand the repercussions of eating those foods and the effects of vomiting so early out.  Take it as tough love where there were possible dangers in what was eaten and they're just trying to help you understand the severity of it. :)

Trust me, no one wants to experience vomiting early out like you have and no one wants to have to go back in for a busted leak.  I hope you are ok and that the vomiting stops soon.  I would call your doc and be honest with him just to play it safe. 

Good Luck. 

Sleeved on 4/12/2012

MyFitnessPal:  MissLunaChic      (Looking for friends - feel free to add me!)

ND2BTHN
on 4/30/12 8:49 pm - Canada
VSG on 01/16/12
 Take this as a strong lesson, and keep to the clear broths only for the first 7 to 10 days. Then move to creamed soups. Don't move too quickly or you will pay for it, like you already experienced. It must be very scary, so early out. Just take this opportunity to learn more about the steps needed for optimal healing. 

Clear liquids- 10 days
Full liquids- 10 days
soft/mushy/blended foods-10-20days
solid foods-as tolerated

Hope you feel better soon. Always play better safe than sorry, and call your doctor.

HW: 235   SW:227   Preopw:218   GW:120   HT:5'3  
ms_trice
on 4/30/12 9:36 pm
VSG on 04/26/12
Thanks
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 64 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 247 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op