Slushies

ChristiS1985
on 5/2/12 8:27 am - TN
 If I drink a couple of sips of a slushy will it make me deathly I'll? I'm exactly a month out tomorrow and on stage 3 foods. I am craving one so bad but I don't want to throw up. Any suggestions? 

PaulaS
on 5/2/12 8:27 am - TX
What is a slushie?   

Highest weight, 248#
Surgery weight, 236#
Current weight, 138#
Cortnee Z.
on 5/2/12 8:42 am - Murrieta, CA
VSG on 04/04/12
I had one 2 weeks out. I was away from home and shopping with a friend. We were hot and I was craving one too!! They actually aren't that bad, the SF ones. The calories and carbs are really low and there's nothing else in them!! I didn't throw up but never had any tummy issues either. I doubt a sip this far out would make you throw up, but I don't know your tummy!

Oh - and a slushie is a frozen, flavored drink. Kinda like a snowcone but a lot easier to drink :)
Cortnee 

"Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn" Harriet Beecher Stowe

Blog: 
http://mysleeveandme.blogspot.com     MFP: CortneeZ
Pooch2
on 5/2/12 8:43 am, edited 5/1/12 8:44 pm
Like the doctor comedian said; don't do that! Is the cold or does you sleeve not like the sugar? Slushys; are you talking about the ones from like 7-11...with all that sugar, that's the last thing you need in your sleeve right now........ Someone on here told us about a 7-11 sugar free slushy, its mediocre at best....

How about some Crystal Lite home made pop cycles and you can turn them to a slushy as you eat them.... Hey make the solution with Isopure and Crystal Lite mixed then make the ice pops, so its protein and yummy, both...
HW: 425    SW: 337   CW: 262 GW: 217 (surgeon)  
Pre-surgery loss; 88 lbs (mostly in my required 6 month insurance class)
TheBiscuit
on 5/2/12 8:43 am - TX
 Like a Slurpee? It's fine. I wouldn't have more than a sip or two because of the sugar, though. I get awful digestive cramps when I have even a moderate amount of pure sugar. I've had a drink of an Icee a few times since as early as a month out from surgery and it never hurt me. Just don't make it a habit-- they taste better than anything else you drink, for sure. :)
VSG: 10-13-2011
SW: 287
CW: 178

Tracasa
on 5/2/12 8:45 am
I felt the same way funny when I finally got one yuck too sweet and my taste changed. It has too much sugar but to get the crave out of the way get the smallest one. Don't use the straw!

J.Lo 74
on 5/2/12 11:28 am
 Sf Popsicles could work. I would limit the sugar personally.
ChristiS1985
on 5/2/12 12:39 pm - TN
 Yeah should have listened...the slushy was a bad life choice. My tummy is rolling and I'm a little nauseus. No more sugar for this girl! Lesson learned haha. 
Most Active