Pre-op Issues !!!!

casey02190
on 5/10/12 1:32 pm - AL
VSG on 06/02/12
   Hi Everyone,

I am just curious if anyone is having the craving issues I am??? I am having surgery June 2nd and I start my pre-op diet on the 20th and I have already started changing my eating habits and cut out drinks and tea and I also started walking a mile atleast 3-4 days a weeks but its seems like the closer I get to my pre-op diet the more cravings I have and I eat more then I have been eating thinking in my mind this is the last time I will enjoy these certain foods anyhow did any of you experience this? If so how did you cope with it ? plssss help !!!!!!!
friendlyfire
on 5/10/12 1:45 pm
VSG on 03/12/12
Oh a big yes to the cravings issue. I craved food like crazy during my pre-op diet, but it was the first day that was the hardest. After that, everything was pretty much downhill from there. You just have to focus on your end result. Many of us had to do the pre-op liquid diet. Don't worry, you will get through this. Just stay focused and by the time you know it, you'll be having your surgery.
“I can do all this through him who gives me strength.? Philippians 4:13 (NIV)          
calired67
on 5/10/12 2:09 pm, edited 5/10/12 2:10 pm - Redlands, CA
I craved myself right out of my surgery the first time. I tried to cram in all those things that I thought I would never have again. So much so that I gained 10lbs and my Dr cancelled my surgery. I spent a month trying to lose that weight and another 3 keeping it off before I got a new date. I have since learned that I may never get to eat all those things I used to eat,,,,But I will surely live alot longer!! And at 7 months I have lose 95 lbs. I am the smallest I have been in 10 years and loving my new life.
  HW:475 SW:433 CW: 375 

lovemysleeve
on 5/10/12 8:58 pm - MI
yep I craved a lot foods to but I think its because I was stressed out because of going to have surgery and we all have had that happen to us but I didnt have my surgery delayed because of it. Good luck to you. You are doing awesome keep it up!   Dawn
AngieB2011
on 5/10/12 10:41 pm - MD
VSG on 03/19/12
I think if it is prior to your pre-op diet you should have a few of your favorite meals). Don't be gluttonous about it or go on an all day food binge. And continue with your exercise routine.

But know you'll be able to enjoy them again (if you still have the desire) in smaller portions.

If you look at it as you can never have it again (which is kinda not true) then you'll crave hard. I say kinda not true because when you go through this and start shedding those pounds. Some things you'll just say it's not worth it. Other things you'll find healthier alternatives for. 

PrettyEyes_41
on 5/10/12 11:11 pm - MS
VSG on 06/12/12
I'm glad you asked that question because I kinda feel the same way. I start my preop diet on 5-25 for surgery 6-8 and have been wanting to eat all kinds of stuff that I haven't been eating lately. Luckily I haven't given in to the cravings but they're still there and I have to deal with them. I keep repeating to myself my health challenges and why I'm doing this in the first place and it helps me get through it. Thanks for the post!

Gale     Age: 55, Height: 5' 5.5", HW: 236, SW: 210, 1st GW: 150.  Surgery BMI: 39.3  Extremely HBP, High Cholesterol & borderline diabetic.      

Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 52 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 52 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 220 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 300 views